Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2017, 05:16 AM

2 posts, read 1,155 times

Advertisements

We bought our house and have lived in Lorain for about 19 years. All was fine until last year. Our neighbor moved in about 5-6 years ago. I assisted them by preparing their vegetable garden for 2 years. I plowed their driveway 2 winter's. I installed electric in their garage for them, and all done with no charges to them. (I love helping my family, friends, and neighbors.) After living there about 5 years my neighbor became evasive and started ignoring myself and my wife. I confronted him and he said,, that when he was looking at buying the house years back, someone called the police and told the police he was stealing the copper piping out of the house. He said he felt it was me. I explained it was not, and after all these years why is stuff like this coming up? He did not answer. Then he and his wife started blowing their car horns when they get in their cars or out of them. During the day it is no problem but from 11 p.m. till about 6a.m. we sleep. I have asked them for 2 years now to please stop. They refused and do it multiple times now when they get in or out of their vehicles. It is getting real bad. One morning last winter the made the horn go off 23 times in a half hour period. I don,'t want revenge, just the trouble to stop.. Any ideas? Besides police...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2017, 10:28 AM

1,719 posts, read 2,098,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevatorman2 View Post
We bought our house and have lived in Lorain for about 19 years. All was fine until last year. Our neighbor moved in about 5-6 years ago. I assisted them by preparing their vegetable garden for 2 years. I plowed their driveway 2 winter's. I installed electric in their garage for them, and all done with no charges to them. (I love helping my family, friends, and neighbors.) After living there about 5 years my neighbor became evasive and started ignoring myself and my wife. I confronted him and he said,, that when he was looking at buying the house years back, someone called the police and told the police he was stealing the copper piping out of the house. He said he felt it was me. I explained it was not, and after all these years why is stuff like this coming up? He did not answer. Then he and his wife started blowing their car horns when they get in their cars or out of them. During the day it is no problem but from 11 p.m. till about 6a.m. we sleep. I have asked them for 2 years now to please stop. They refused and do it multiple times now when they get in or out of their vehicles. It is getting real bad. One morning last winter the made the horn go off 23 times in a half hour period. I don,'t want revenge, just the trouble to stop.. Any ideas? Besides police...
Call the police for a noise complaint or deal with the horns. Your neighbor is being incredibly juvenile and sounds more like an immature twelve year old than a grown man. You can't fix stupid.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:48 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,398,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevatorman2 View Post
Our neighbor moved in about 5-6 years ago. I assisted them by preparing their vegetable garden for 2 years. I plowed their driveway 2 winter's. I installed electric in their garage for them, and all done with no charges to them. (I love helping my family, friends, and neighbors.) After living there about 5 years my neighbor became evasive and started ignoring myself and my wife.
Sounds like you were waaaay too involved with them in the beginning. I wonder what their side of the story would be?

Old 06-28-2017, 01:37 AM

3,631 posts, read 7,665,332 times
This all seems pretty bizarre.

Do you have any other neighbors who are also being annoyed by this who could maybe encourage them to stop?

Aside from filing a complaint with the city, I'm not sure what else you could do.

Old 09-17-2017, 12:38 AM

9 posts, read 3,762 times
Jimmy the hood open, unbolt the horns and cut the wires, then shut the hood.
Take the horns out back on a sidewalk, and use a sledge hammer on them until they are flat as pancakes.
Set them in the front seat and pour syrup on them, and leave a fork. lmao.
(BTW, I'm just joking...)

Seriously, get with the police first. If this doesn't stop it, file a civil case against them for Disturbing the Peace. Complete with multiple recordings with a video cam, in action. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
View detailed profiles of: