Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who are you voting for?
John McCain 22 25.29%
Barack Obama 59 67.82%
Other 6 6.90%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 08:49 PM

826 posts, read 1,627,178 times

Advertisements

This is a thread for Ohioans only - who are you voting for?

This is a public poll, so no one tries to "sneak" in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 05:45 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,381,275 times
this may be the first time i dont vote !!! im a IBEW member so im "supposed" to vote the democratic ticket, but i just dont know.. as a wise-man once told me, " the republicans have bad ideas, and the democrats have no ideas".

Old 10-01-2008, 07:02 AM

2,947 posts, read 7,026,405 times
It is a our right to vote, and it is our duty to attempt to put America on the right path. The US is in pretty poor shape now, and McCain supports more of what we've had in the last 8 years. I would much rather be concerned about whether or not my president is dropping his pants in the oval office than worry about whether or not I have a job tomorrow, can afford to drive to and from work, or even afford to eat halfway decently.

Old 10-04-2008, 06:33 PM

1,312 posts, read 4,779,145 times
And the idea of you not voting at all is disgusting. Part of the honor of living in this country is the right to vote, and saying that you will not be voting is terrible. Our choices are certainly poor but at least make an educated decision and use your right to vote! Don't set such a bad example. Firefighters are supposed to vote for who the union tells them to also, but that doesn't mean we will. Use your brain and vote according to what you think is best for you! Also, not naming my vote b/c I am a former Ohioan relolcated to PA.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:47 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,381,275 times
does anyone know a poor politician ? excluding the politicians who are in prison for corruption.

Old 10-05-2008, 01:29 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,151,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefightermom View Post
And the idea of you not voting at all is disgusting. Part of the honor of living in this country is the right to vote, and saying that you will not be voting is terrible. Our choices are certainly poor but at least make an educated decision and use your right to vote! Don't set such a bad example. Firefighters are supposed to vote for who the union tells them to also, but that doesn't mean we will. Use your brain and vote according to what you think is best for you! Also, not naming my vote b/c I am a former Ohioan relolcated to PA.
We also have the constitutional right to bear arms. Does that mean we are bad people if we choose not to own a gun?

Frankly, your attitude is equally disgusting to me. I don't appreciate people like you trying to make others feel guilty about not voting. It is a RIGHT - which means we are permitted to vote if we so choose. But the government does not FORCE us to. I see it as a very personal choice, and there are simply times when the best option is NOT to exercise your right to vote at all. Since you state "Use your brain and vote according to what you think is best for you", perhaps you should consider that what is best for someone is to not vote for any candidate. It may be the only choice that settles well with a person's conscience. It may be the only option that they feel fits in with their religious convictions.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:41 AM

897 posts, read 2,826,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefightermom View Post
And the idea of you not voting at all is disgusting. Part of the honor of living in this country is the right to vote, and saying that you will not be voting is terrible.
I find no fault with people that refuse to vote if they don't like the options. I also think there are MANY out there that should NOT vote based on their bias (Whites NOT voting for Obama because he IS black, Blacks voting for Obama because he IS black). Unfortunately, this election there will be votes casted mainly on those biases. Quite honestly, I don't expect any "CHANGE" regardless of who is elected. IMO, whomever wins really won't be the Winner.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:18 PM

23 posts, read 71,584 times
I am not voting for Obama nor McCain. I'm fed up with our two party system, both parties ***** themselves out for Corporate America.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:17 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,296,163 times
wow, is it elderly people who don't use the internet who are voting for Mccain?? This poll is surprisingly lopsided!

Old 10-06-2008, 06:19 PM

1,312 posts, read 4,779,145 times
Wow! Sorry to hear that it's your right not to vote...I certainly wouldn't want to force you. I guess we need to go back in time when everyone wanted to vote but couldn't b/c they weren't the rich white landowners. God forbid if you're a woman and don't realize how much our ancestors fought to get women the vote. If you don't vote, you don't get to complain about who gets elected and what will happen to our country in the next four years, since you didn't do your part in our democracy. I agree that neither major party candidate is ideal in any way but that doesn't mean you get to blow off voting b/c it hurts your conscience or religious convictions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio