Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 05:29 AM

13 posts, read 17,364 times

Advertisements

The city of Newark has gone over the 50,000 population mark. The growth in Newark over the last 4 decades has been steady. The city has invested over 30+ Million in its downtown. The downtown revitalization has been simply remarkable. I don't know if anybody has ever been through downtown, but its beautiful. The layout was designed perfectly by the founders and now its getting its rebirth for the next 50 years. Restaurants and nightlife are booming in downtown Newark. The live music scene in Newark is sneaky good. The Midland Theater and Thirty One West music venues have sprung to life bringing amazing talent to downtown Newark. Housing developments on the West and North end are building homes with plenty of room for future developments. I think a city like Newark really truly shows the strength of the growth in Central Ohio. The best part for Newark is that its just getting started. Now that all the infrastructure and revitalization projects are complete, the city can now benefit from it moving forward. The 161 expansion brought Columbus 15 mins closer to Newark. Now Newark residents can work in Columbus and live in Newark. Its a great time for the city of Newark and the population reflects that. Cheers to good ole "Nerk"!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2019, 11:04 AM

994 posts, read 501,782 times
If the annual trend continue, it's definitely a glass half full for Dayton. I hope it continues.

Old 06-01-2019, 08:11 PM

7,080 posts, read 8,943,199 times
That was the same article that was on the WHIO app, it was about an increase in Montgomery County and Dayton area counties seeing increases (Greene, Miami and Warren)

I am not concerned with Dayton losing a small number of residents because there is a lot of good things happening downtown, in addition to the St. Clair lofts there is the Delco lofts and the Cannery building and the project that is going to take place in the Fireblocks District so hopefully Binger’s Bar can make a comeback. Stratacashe has just bought the tallest skyscraper in downtown and there are new apartment buildings on Monument. I am in downtown Dayton a lot in my job and I can see the good things happening anytime I get a chance to walk around. I posted a lot of pics in the Dayton photo thread of Downtown last fall.

What is a greater concern is the losses in Kettering which isn’t a bad area by any stretch of the imagination, maybe they just have a lot of residents becoming empty nesters, who knows?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio