Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 08:29 AM

7,072 posts, read 9,617,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by on3 View Post
You can enjoy the outdoors more times per year on the river front in cincinnati than you can the lake front in Cleveland. I like to carry my sunglasses with me more than my umbrella.
The die hard boaters in SW Ohio go to Lake Cumberland, Ky on the warm weekends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2019, 11:16 AM

160 posts, read 125,569 times
Now that I gave some thought ....thats true... There Are rivers everywhere in Ohio. Compared to Lake Erie..

Old 10-16-2019, 10:45 AM

555 posts, read 892,368 times
I would put in a plug for Lucas County: Lake Erie; the Maumee River; an award-winning Metropark system with ecosystems including mature forest, marshland, glacial sand dunes, and remnant prairie (pretty much everything except serious hills, which I can do without); an excellent art museum, library system, and zoo. COL is also reasonable.

Old 10-16-2019, 02:41 PM

3 posts, read 2,882 times
I'm from Meigs county, so I'd go there or anywhere in Vinton county. Those are the poorest two counties in Ohio however they're beautiful.

Old 10-18-2019, 06:06 AM

3,343 posts, read 10,935,659 times
Any rural area of Ashtabula, Portage, Geauga, Trumbull, Mahoning, or Columbiana counties. The cost of living in most of those areas is much lower than the Three C's, but all are within an hour or so drive to Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Akron, Youngstown/Warren, etc. Lots of great medical facilities close by, good schools, and cultural activities.

Old 10-19-2019, 07:25 PM

555 posts, read 892,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pam-e68 View Post
I'm from Meigs county, so I'd go there or anywhere in Vinton county. Those are the poorest two counties in Ohio however they're beautiful.
I drive 50 from time to time. The summer wildflowers in Vinton County are spectacular.

Old 10-19-2019, 08:08 PM

3,071 posts, read 8,023,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pam-e68 View Post
That's where my Dad and Grandpa were from (Vinton county). My Grandmother is buried in Meigs county. She lived near Shade.

I wouldn't mind living in Dover or New Philly.

Old 12-25-2019, 01:58 PM

392 posts, read 1,068,319 times
I would like to relocate to western Mahoning County, west of Youngstown but away from it a little, closer to Akron. I've driven through the Beloit and Sebring areas and I think they're kind of cute little small towns. If you want stimulation, you're not that far from Akron, Youngstown, or even Cleveland, and Alliance is literally right next door for close to home shopping.

Old 12-25-2019, 03:46 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,392,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 216facts View Post
Chagrin Falls. The bucolic small town feel, surrounded by great parks, close to Cleveland.
Totally agree. Lived there 15 yrs ago. Always thought one of best towns in the Midwest. Only Left for the need for more sunshine and no snow.

Old 12-30-2019, 09:26 AM

6,601 posts, read 8,981,085 times
My only "issue" with Chagrin Falls is that it's bigger than itself. There's limited housing supply within walking distance of the downtown area, so it feels more like a regional destination rather than its own town center.

I recognize that this is pretty nit-picky, but I think if I were living there I'd miss out on the small town sense of community since so many people out shopping in the business district aren't actually from Chagrin Falls.

I also think it may occupy a geographic middle ground where it's just isolated enough to be a hassle, but not enough to feel charmingly secluded.

It's a day-trip or B&B weekend sort of place for me, not a place I'd want to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio