U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2019, 05:21 PM
on3 on3 started this thread

363 posts, read 176,571 times

Advertisements

Not saying that other places aren't worse, but there are some highway merges in Ohio that were just so poorly constructed that they really back up traffic and are an accident waiting to happen. Trying to merge onto 71 from 270 is one. Trying to merge onto 75 from 275 is another. Whenever I see roads being worked on I chuckle knowing that the bushes are being watered while the building is burning down. ODOT needs to step their game up.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2019, 08:17 AM

710 posts, read 1,134,556 times
The junction of Ronald Reagan Highway and I-75 is the most complex, incomplete interchange I've ever seen. When heading south on I-75, there is no on ramp onto RR, You have to off on Galbraith, drive through a speed to access the highway. When heading west on RR, you also have to use Galbraith to access 75 north.

Come to think of it, Ronald Reagan highway has ZERO complete high speed interchanges with any of the interstates it crosses. I-71 was the site of a deadly interchange that was more suited for an arterial road, but that was just vastly improved recently by adding another stop light. Yes, a stop light.

Cincinnati has dropped the ball 3 times on having a true East-West connection through Hamilton or Butler County.

Old 12-03-2019, 11:21 AM

162 posts, read 126,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austiNati View Post
Cincinnati has dropped the ball 3 times on having a true East-West connection through Hamilton or Butler County.

Not sure what Cincinnati or any of the local municipalities have to do with that. Any sort of interstate connector is the purview of the State, not the local governments.

Old 12-04-2019, 09:56 AM

710 posts, read 1,134,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomomo07 View Post
Not sure what Cincinnati or any of the local municipalities have to do with that. Any sort of interstate connector is the purview of the State, not the local governments.
These are State Route Expressways, not interstates. so correction, Ohio has dropped the ball numerous times, designing an efficient east-west route through the Cincinnati region.

Old 12-07-2019, 05:20 PM

44 posts, read 25,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by on3 View Post
Not saying that other places aren't worse, but there are some highway merges in Ohio that were just so poorly constructed that they really back up traffic and are an accident waiting to happen. Trying to merge onto 71 from 270 is one. Trying to merge onto 75 from 275 is another. Whenever I see roads being worked on I chuckle knowing that the bushes are being watered while the building is burning down. ODOT needs to step their game up.

I just drove that way about 2 weeks ago, pretty horrible!

Old 12-09-2019, 07:56 AM

37,259 posts, read 66,830,591 times
Whoever designed the intersection from the eastbound Norwood Lateral (Ohio 562) to I-71 should be shot. It's been "improved" so many times over the past 35 years, but still is a mess.

And what is this Ronald Reagan Highway of which you speak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomomo07 View Post
There is and has been - and probably always will be - a lot of NIMBY going on in the various municipalities in the path(s) of all the *ahem* Cross County Highway proposal(s) that have surfaced over the decades.

Old 12-09-2019, 02:09 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,463,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
There is and has been - and probably always will be - a lot of NIMBY going on in the various municipalities in the path(s) of all the *ahem* Cross County Highway proposal(s) that have surfaced over the decades.
The cross county highway ends at Montgomery Rd. and does not go all the way to I-275 because of the Indian hill people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio