Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2008, 05:18 PM

2 posts, read 28,077 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to find information on a patient who use to be at the Lima State Hospital. His name was William Allen. Bill would have been in the hospital sometime after 1962. I believe Bill was in his 40's. Before going into the hospital he use to sell potholders door to door. Bill had one sister that I know of. I would appreciate any information on this patient.

Thanks so much for your help,

chucklebugg

Last edited by chucklebugg; 06-05-2008 at 05:21 PM.. Reason: Added more information
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2011, 07:47 PM

1 posts, read 3,497 times
I hope there is some way to find a former patient. My grandfather was there and died in 1920. I believe he was buried in the prison cemtery. The family never mentioned the real reason he was "hospitalized" and recently I found he was at Lima through a census record. Can anyone out there help us find more information?

Old 11-08-2011, 08:09 PM

1 posts, read 3,117 times
My Great Grand father George Grimm some times Spelled Gremm Died in LSH on June 7, 1927 buired June 8 Death Certificate # 32885 Can someone locate his grave and take a picture or just one of the Cemetery Thanks Mark

Old 08-23-2012, 12:52 PM

2 posts, read 6,120 times
I live right down the street from the prison and there is a cemetary not a very big one on Bible Road and I'm not sure if that is the one where your grandfather was buried it's very small maybe 20 or 30 graves I don't know if they have a cemetery back near the old state hospital or not you would think with all the stories of people dying it's difficult to actually be able to get back there I don't really think you can because there is still 2 open prisons one on each side of L.C.I which is the old State Hospital.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:10 PM

3 posts, read 6,159 times
Reply and tell me what you want Billy Allen for? He was there on psychopath unit after breaking out of Eric County Jail in Sandusky. He did very well after he left there.

Jerry J

Old 02-21-2014, 05:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,407 times
My grand uncle, John J. Ochs was sent to Lima State Hospital for the Criminally Insane around 1936. No one in the family knows why and most of his siblings who did were deceased by 1952. He died in Hyde Park Villa Nursing Home in 1978. I have a feeling he might have been slow, but that is just a guess. I would like to find more information about him if it exists. KeithHunt@Yahoo.com

Old 01-16-2017, 06:12 AM

1 posts, read 1,505 times
I spent two years there. 1972-1974 in the new unit mostly, but was on ward 12 for awhile and 30 days in observation. I never heard anything about these (ghost) stories! I think it is all bogus crap! We were treated like crap by the attendants though. I was a part of the class action suit brought on by Legal aid that ultimately shut the hospital down. If anybody reading this was there in the new unit at the same time I was, contact me on facebook. Tom Strow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio