Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 02:42 PM

1 posts, read 6,578 times

Advertisements

[quote=ATPro_user;25416088]I noticed that there have not been any recent posts here in several years! just wondering what kind of traffic this string is getting, and if anyone is still visiting it or is interested in the topic? I am very interested in finding gold here in Ohio. I have recently invested in a metal detector, and have until now mainly been "coin shooting" (hunting for coins, etc) Recently I have heard news of people finding gold in local rivers and or streams here in Ohio, and naturally this has peaked my curiosity! I am curious if anyone has recently had any luck here in Ohio finding any gold, and in what location have you had the most luck in. Have you been employing traditional methods for finding gold (IE panning, etc) or have you had any luck using a metal detector? If there are any other fellow detectorists visiting this page, I would be interested in possibly having a planned hunt (for either gold, coins, relics, or whatever you find exciting to hunt for) as I am a fairly new enthusiast to the hobby, and am naturally anxious to find some individuals who share my interests! thanks in advance for the replies, and let me know, and to all happy hunting![/quote

I live in Mahoning County and am looking for someone to go treasure hunting with...After researching the maps of ohio and exploring parts of Beaver Creek, I've found an area that shows signs of gold. If your interested in getting together let me know...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 06:54 AM

1,853 posts, read 9,685,134 times
There are guys in Mahoning County that belong to the Allegheny chapter of the GPAA. They have a really nice property in Greenville.

GoldInPA.Com

GPAA Allegheny Chapter | Facebook

GPAA Allegheny Chapter's Blog

Old 02-28-2013, 07:45 AM

1 posts, read 6,396 times
I live in holmes county right.. The line where the glacier stopped runs through the county. Would that make holmes a good county to pan for gold? I have never looked for gold before but i have free time and it is something i have interest in.

Old 05-27-2013, 04:52 PM

3 posts, read 18,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squach69 View Post
my names eric from minerva ohio, even though my friends and family laughed at me for panning the minerva creek. i have about 25 grams i have gather over about 5 days,spread over 10 years. i plan on hitting it hard this year. minerva creek runs into the little sandy which runs into big sandy. i dont mind company but i call dibs on the s bend by pamida.
iam from pa am i able to dredge at westmiddle fork creek at little beaver creek at teegarden rd salem ohio thank you

Old 05-28-2013, 06:26 AM

I have panned for gold at the Teegarden covered bridge many years ago. You should be careful digging into the sediment of the middle fork of the Little Beaver creek. It was poisoned with mirex. That is a banned rat poison. It is activated with exposure to the sun, and will never go away. That creek will always be poisoned.

Old 05-28-2013, 07:18 PM

can i dredge in salem ohio?

Old 05-29-2013, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayhawk54 View Post
can i dredge in salem ohio?

If you get permission from a landowner, you can do whatever the hell you want.

Old 05-29-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
Don't waste your time in OH looking for gold, take a trip outside of Charlotte...
New gold rush in SC as mine plans to reopen - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC-
sounds like work not fun

Old 01-14-2014, 10:07 PM

1 posts, read 5,480 times
Default gold is plentiful around utica ohio

I've been finding gold around my area for years....i know of around 30 good spots to find gold withen 30 mim of utica ohio.... largest peace I've ever found was about a gram but i find small pickers regularly.if any of you reading this are around my area and would like to find some email me and id be glad to share my knowledge...there is a few spots where it can be found in every shovel full of material.my email is mike.butcher@ ymail.com

Old 10-19-2015, 01:32 PM

1 posts, read 3,769 times
Default Gold in cleveland

We found gold in Euclid Creek where it meets lake Erie at Nerf road . I always wondered why nobody mined out the middle of the lake you see it oceans and other lakes I know there's gold at the bottom of that lake I've seen it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio