Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 11:10 AM

1 posts, read 6,228 times

Advertisements

does anyone know anything about this organization. teenager with severe behavioral problems will soon be housed there. anyone familiar with this program. HeLP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2007, 01:55 PM

79 posts, read 333,683 times
althea-

Can you give me any specifics?? The name of the organization? Is it just "Safe House"? Is the teenager from the area or are they being moved there specifically for this? Is it actually in the city or one of the townships?

There are a list of places that help out kids and families, from individual churches to the Y to mental health services(Belmont Pines) to the judicial system...

I'd be glad to help if you can relay what exactly the organization is!

Old 04-18-2007, 11:49 AM

5 posts, read 27,810 times
Default SafeHouse

Hi Althea, I know SafeHouse. The kids are great kids, just need some help.

Old 04-18-2007, 11:50 AM

Does anyone else have anything to say about SafeHouse

Last edited by Yac; 04-18-2007 at 01:28 PM..

Old 04-18-2007, 12:46 PM

1 posts, read 6,176 times
I would seriously encourage you to check with children services agencies within the county and surrounding counties about Safe House. They do not have a good reputation. If you are talking about the residential center for adolescents, we have dealt with them before. At the risk of sounding unprofessional, I will say nothing more than at one time organization was above reproach.

Old 07-31-2007, 07:42 PM

1 posts, read 6,075 times
I am very aware of Safehouse and what they do. It is a fantastic facility and the program they provide for youth and their family is something very rare. Many lives have changed for the better and I can say this for a fact. Not only does Safe House provide residential services, but also after school programs and year round events to better the community. I would highly recommend Safehouse. They are certaintly far above reproach.

God Bless.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:41 PM

I don't feel the same confidence that Tellingthetruth feels. I would follow what Uwannome wrote. I also had a bad experience with the facility. Check it out for yourselves. Children Services in the community or the state run ODJFS should be able to tell you more.

Old 08-28-2008, 06:09 AM

1 posts, read 5,675 times
Thumbs up safehouse

the safehouse is an afterschool program where teens get together and have fun =) i have been there myself and it is awesome!..they have video games and fun things for kids to do...if the kids ever need help with something there is someone who is there to help them with their problems...and every wednesday night at 7 they gather to a youth group and learn about jesus christ..which i think is awesome =) there are adults and leaders who watch over the kids whose parents allow them to come and it is a great time =)

Old 06-28-2010, 01:54 PM

2 posts, read 4,828 times
hi i am a former safehouse resident i was there in the start of the place and watched things fall apart.so i can tell you all about this place. Number one ..Safehouse residential i strongly do not recommend for any body . the people there r not what they say they are, i know personally. Number two.. SafeHouse RESIDENTIAL is a stolen dream. The After school program was just an after school program.. The Residential was not ROBERTS dream, it was some one elses . someone sooooo much more honest and deserving . i mean if u think about it...its almost impossible for a whole crew of staff to be let go and have anew set of staff including a new CEO and VP replaced in one day.... unless it was planned.
bottom line.. (because i could go all day) is that the people there r not honest, they manipulate the system as well as the kids to get any power, money ,fame they can.it's all about how far the name will go and its no longer about the kids and what the kids need and in most cases the kids r treated with disrespect , ive even witnessed staff brake a girls arm restraining her in an inproper mannor.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:17 AM

571 posts, read 943,412 times
OK I'm kind of creeped especially because I'm from Warren & lived near this place. even had a friend there. what's wrong with it? Was the staff abusive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
View detailed profiles of: