Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 04:25 AM

7 posts, read 12,763 times

Advertisements

Dayton

Currently Columbus

Hawaii in the future
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2012, 04:47 PM

26 posts, read 81,184 times
I am a transplanted Pennsylvanian, raised with the Amish and PA Dutch. My husband is from Scioto County, it's certainly different here. We live in the country but my trips to town leave me wondering what happen to common decency, pride in one's appearance, I'm so tired of seeing pajamas as acceptable attire. I'm sure it's happening all over, I see the effects when I visit my hometown. It just makes me sad to see.

Old 02-05-2012, 06:16 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativesunburyian View Post
I am a transplanted Pennsylvanian, raised with the Amish and PA Dutch. My husband is from Scioto County, it's certainly different here. We live in the country but my trips to town leave me wondering what happen to common decency, pride in one's appearance, I'm so tired of seeing pajamas as acceptable attire. I'm sure it's happening all over, I see the effects when I visit my hometown. It just makes me sad to see.
I've noticed that the past few years too. It's a travesty.

Old 02-24-2013, 09:15 PM

20 posts, read 24,210 times
Born and raised in the Belpre, Ohio and Athens, Ohio areas of S.E. Ohio.... I had a good childhood experience, as everything was nice, pleasant, and safe... Spent summer vacations in Canton or Columbus with family, and loved those two places... Once I graduated high school, I was tired of living in a bubble, and moved to St. Augustine, Florida, then on to Orlando, and got to experience a completely different world, learn about the many cultures of the world, through the job I had, and just had a wonderful time in general, but, I grew to hate the heat.... I moved back to Belpre, Ohio, for like, 7 years, and hated it at this point, and went through severe culture shock... I have now lived in Columbus, near the Bexley city line, by the Franklin Park Conservatory.... I chose Columbus, because I desperately wanted back in the city, and it is a little over an hour from where my parents and family live, still in the Athens area, so, it's very easy to go back down once a month, and see family, and living my life in the city... I like Columbus, and all it has to offer, and I live in a pretty nice, safe neighborhood, in old, like 1800-early 1900's homes, which are nice and big... I live right off Broad Street, so downtown is like 5 minutes to the west, and general shopping is 5-10 minutes to the east, all right on Broad Street.... Public Transport is readily available, though it would be really nice to have some kind of rail, in addition to the buses... It is easy to reach German Village, The Short North and University Districts, and you can get to Easton or Polaris pretty easy for shopping, and the airport and freeways are really close... Really nice central location, so I definitely made a good choice... The one negative, is that blasted siren that goes off every Wednesday at noon, as I sometimes like to sleep late.... Also being right off of Broad, and close to the local fire departments, and OSU East being right across Broad, sirens are a 24 hour, 7 day a week thing, along with that police helicopter that is always flying around, but, it is the city, and I wouldn't trade it for country life ever again....

Old 03-02-2013, 07:39 PM

93 posts, read 203,380 times
St. Marys Ohio. Just moved there in August of last year from Pittsburgh Pa. Love the small town living, so peaceful, people are so friendly and happy.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:29 PM

32 posts, read 109,519 times
Born in jackson,mississippi, moved to columbus 4 years ago. I love it here. The diversity, race relations, OSU, schools, activities, parks, and the people.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:39 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,179,081 times
"Home" will always be Bowling Green. We had excellent childhoods growing up. We were free to run/bike/blade all over town. There's great local food and fantastic schools. Toledo was a hop-skip-and a jump away so whatever we couldn't find in BG, we could get within 20 mins. I spent lots of time on the Maumee river and Lake Erie. BGSU offers lots of classes for children such as music and art. Plus it's nice to have college sports in town.

I don't miss the tractor pulls though.

I moved away for adventure and to see what else was out there. Helena, MT is beginning to feel more and more like home.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:07 PM

4 posts, read 4,071 times
Good old little Columbiana, Ohio "The Biggest Small Town in Ohio"

Old 03-14-2013, 09:11 AM

4 posts, read 9,693 times
i live on the border of rootstown and edinburg and its a dismal depressing place where everyone is either the most racist people in existence or they are so stuck to old ways that they cant even fathom a new idea or except anyone thats different. not to mention the blatant lack of jobs and businesses i truly hate this place and would like to leave A.S.A.P

Old 03-16-2013, 02:09 PM

15 posts, read 27,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hycin123 View Post
i live on the border of rootstown and edinburg and its a dismal depressing place where everyone is either the most racist people in existence or they are so stuck to old ways that they cant even fathom a new idea or except anyone thats different. not to mention the blatant lack of jobs and businesses i truly hate this place and would like to leave A.S.A.P

So leave already!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio