Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2009, 05:02 PM

1,071 posts, read 4,438,345 times

Advertisements

Let's settle this once and for all. The competition between residents/ex-residents has infiltrated other threads, and at times caused moderators to take action. Tell us, why is Cleveland a better city than Cincinnati? Why is Cincinnati a better city than Cleveland?

Operative word: Better.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 05:12 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,693,338 times
Hillside, what are you doing, brother? lol

http://www.treehugger.com/nuke-war-h001.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-04-2009, 05:41 PM

455 posts, read 1,877,363 times
Have lived all over Ahia and found the following is the only thing that really matters:

Girl-O-Meter:

Oxford 10+
Youngstown 10+
Athens 10
Columbus 9
Cincinnati 7
Akron 6 +
Cleveland 6
Dayton 5
Toledo 3

Yeah, I actually thought about this.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:51 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,881,537 times
Default Cleveland

Clevelands better because:
-The Lake/Beaches/Boating
-National Park/Skiing
-Diversity
-Museums
-Sports
-Entertainment
-Music Scene
-More Liberal/Democratic
-Larger
-Street Grid/Freeway system

Cincinnatis better because:
-Weather
-Architecture
-Crime
-River
-Growing

Some of those are based on preference though, for example weather. Those also go for the City, Metro, and CSA. Personally I have lived in Cleveland, and the Cleveland area for most of my life. Ive also lived in Cincinnati for 8 months not counting visits. You all already know my choice. Based on all of that, its obviously Cleveland. All hands down.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
Hillside, what are you doing, brother? lol
People can act a fool if they want to, lol, I'm just tired of...

A: The Cle vs Cin partisan b.s.
B: The posters that complain about the Cin vs Cle thing

Either way, the moderators will do what's necessary.

*I've been looking for the Atomic Bomb Movie for awhile

Old 01-04-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cle440 View Post
Clevelands better because:
-The Lake/Beaches/Boating
-National Park/Skiing
-Diversity
-Museums
-Sports
-Entertainment
-Music Scene
-More Liberal/Democratic
-Larger
-Street Grid/Freeway system

Cincinnatis better because:
-Weather
-Architecture
-Crime
-River
-Growing

Some of those are based on preference though, for example weather. Those also go for the City, Metro, and CSA. Personally I have lived in Cleveland, and the Cleveland area for most of my life. Ive also lived in Cincinnati for 8 months not counting visits. You all already know my choice. Based on all of that, its obviously Cleveland. All hands down.
Why do you feel the museums and entertainment is better in Cleveland as opposed to Cincinnati?

Old 01-04-2009, 07:11 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,881,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillside View Post
Why do you feel the museums and entertainment is better in Cleveland as opposed to Cincinnati?
Cleveland seems to have a lot more activity as far as entertainment. Concert tours almost always come through Cleveland, while they skip over Cincinnati a lot more. That also goes with the sports, and we have 3 very popular major sports teams.

As far as museums and theaters, Cleveland is much better than Cincinnati. Cleveland has the largest concentration outside of NYCs broadway. World class collection of museums and theaters. Playhouse square is also the 2nd largest performing arts center outside of New Yorks Lincoln Center. The Cleveland orchestra is regarded as the best in the United States, and among the best in the world. Just to name a few: Cleveland Museum of Art, Museum of Contemporary art Cleveland, Great Lakes Science Center, Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, Pro football hall of fame (Canton).

Old 01-04-2009, 07:52 PM

Many concerts do head to Cleveland; however, many great bands/acts stop in Cincinnati as well, including those that miss Cleveland. I also would consider the popularity of the Cavs and Indians as not quite great; the Browns, sure. Cleveland's theater scene is impressive, as well as the commitment to local musical talent.

As for the museums, Cincinnati has some fine institutions of its own. The Contemporary Arts Center, or CAC, is one of the original institutions in America dedicated to displaying contemporary art. It was established in 1939, 29 years before Cleveland's museum.

The Cincinnati Art Museum is one of the oldest museums in the country, and the oldest purpose-built museum west of the Alleghenies. The museum boasts over 60,000 works, compared to Cleveland's 43,000. The museum was also the first in America to dedicate a wing to the history of its own city.

Other museums in Cincinnati include the Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal and the National Underground Freedom Center. Music Hall, which houses Cincinnati's orchestra, is one of the largest and best performance halls in the world. This isn't meant to nitpick, just to shed some light on how some cultural institutions match up between the cities.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:34 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,888,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerDu View Post
Have lived all over Ahia and found the following is the only thing that really matters:

Girl-O-Meter:

Oxford 10+
Youngstown 10+
Athens 10
Columbus 9
Cincinnati 7
Akron 6 +
Cleveland 6
Dayton 5
Toledo 3

Yeah, I actually thought about this.
Are you saying us Y-town girls are HOT??? I'm hoping that's what 10+ means......

Old 01-04-2009, 10:03 PM

2,365 posts, read 4,352,660 times
i think cleveland has the better ethnic, eastern european food/resturants. the variety of ethnic food in cleveland is outstanding imo. why do you think we are rated a fat city !? (not me of course, im a lean 6'4" - 225lbs)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio