Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2007, 03:22 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,861,338 times

Advertisements

A book?! Ruh-roh...

Should I wait 'til your book is published, and then read it, before actually moving there?

Have a good one,
-LN
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2007, 01:08 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,153,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LancasterNative View Post
Oh and the new Y-bridge, built in the '80s, is way cool!
The Y Bridge is awesome! Every time I drive through I have to get off the freeway to cross the Y Bridge. Silly, I know, but ...

Old 04-05-2007, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
The Y Bridge is awesome! Every time I drive through I have to get off the freeway to cross the Y Bridge. Silly, I know, but ...
LOL! That's great. The first time my lady and I drove over there to look around, we must've crossed the Y Bridge at least 3-4x in every direction! It's totally cool... Are we all just big dorks?!

Old 04-06-2007, 05:27 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,529,513 times
Quote:
Thanks Cosmic!

Man, if I-70 wasn't there yet, that would've been awhile back. I've driven thru Zville a few times before, and the freeway actually cuts thru just N of downtown. It offers nice (although brief, speeding thru at 65+) views of the downtown area, with the cluster of historic churches and the courthouse displaying the town's distinct quaintness.

Oh and the new Y-bridge, built in the '80s, is way cool!

I've just begun to learn my way around a little...
I've driven thru Zanesville many times in a truck but, unfortunately, haven't had time to stop. I'm betting I'd like it! But what most impresses me about Z-ville is that it's the ONLY city in Ohio that has the good sense to move thru traffic on I-70 to the left lane...LOVE it!

Old 04-07-2007, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
I've driven thru Zanesville many times in a truck but, unfortunately, haven't had time to stop. I'm betting I'd like it! But what most impresses me about Z-ville is that it's the ONLY city in Ohio that has the good sense to move thru traffic on I-70 to the left lane...LOVE it!
That is cool...thru traffic on the left, what a concept! I bet if you're driving a big rig, I-70 passing thru Columbus (esp. the "joint" section w/71 thru downtown) must be an absolute nightmare.

Old 04-09-2007, 01:31 PM

Quote:
That is cool...thru traffic on the left, what a concept! I bet if you're driving a big rig, I-70 passing thru Columbus (esp. the "joint" section w/71 thru downtown) must be an absolute nightmare.
LN, I'm convinced that it MUST be Ohio state law that you cannot drive thru an Ohio city without changing lanes multiple time!!!
Yes, Columbus IS a nightmare! I'm fortunate in that I normally go thru our capital city in the overnight hours! It's still amazing that, in cities like Columbus and Dayton, the same people who commute thru the same bottlenecks every day change lanes at the last minute and cause crashes...

Old 04-09-2007, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
LN, I'm convinced that it MUST be Ohio state law that you cannot drive thru an Ohio city without changing lanes multiple time!!!
Yes, Columbus IS a nightmare! I'm fortunate in that I normally go thru our capital city in the overnight hours! It's still amazing that, in cities like Columbus and Dayton, the same people who commute thru the same bottlenecks every day change lanes at the last minute and cause crashes...
LOL! Just today, I was driving along 70 in west Cols. when some guy in a little riceburner sedan blew past me. Then I casually watched this idiot as he weaved in & out of a whole convoy of semi's, until he was a couple hundred yards ahead of me. In the process, he must've changed lanes no less than 6-7 times.

I will not miss this city at all once my lady and I leave for more peaceful surroundings!

Old 04-10-2007, 10:10 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,153,734 times
Quote:
LOL! That's great. The first time my lady and I drove over there to look around, we must've crossed the Y Bridge at least 3-4x in every direction! It's totally cool... Are we all just big dorks?!
OK, so now I won't feel so bad about mentioning the time I was flying from Philadelphia to Cincinnati, and we flew over the Y Bridge. I was jumping up and down in my seat in delight, and pointing it out to everyone on my side of the plane.

Old 04-10-2007, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
OK, so now I won't feel so bad about mentioning the time I was flying from Philadelphia to Cincinnati, and we flew over the Y Bridge. I was jumping up and down in my seat in delight, and pointing it out to everyone on my side of the plane.
Hahaha! That's awesome, Ohiogirl.

That actually bears out what I've read in articles about the Y Bridge, that in the old days, pilots under "visual flight rules" used Zanesville's famous bridge as a navigational beacon to gauge their location. It's said to be one of the most recognizable structures in the interior U.S. from the air—along with Hoover Dam, the St. Louis Arch, etc.

Old 04-11-2007, 04:45 AM

So what I need to do next time we have out-of-state visitors is drive them past the Longaberger basket then head on over to the Y Bridge!

(LN, yes, it's amazing how much effort some of these Riceburner Racers (and others) expend to get so very little ahead of the rest of us... Also remember one trip where I was going up thru 9 gears on US 33 in Lancaster at every stop light. And "Speed Racer" in the Suburban next to me STILL stopped at the same lights I did...

Last edited by Crew Chief; 04-11-2007 at 05:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio