Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2013, 11:13 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,533,933 times

Advertisements

Awwright, everybody behave or I'm closing this thread...

Old 04-30-2013, 12:32 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,234,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
JC55, pardon the cliché, but: "We weren't born here but got here as fast as we could"... As the son of a sailor, I lived up and down the East Coast growing up. I then joined the military and spent the next 22 years living all over the world. I met the woman of my dreams in Germany and we lived out West and finally ended up here by chance. And we have NO regrets whatsoever! Our cost of living is pretty darn good; our $187,000 house would cost us twice that in Boise, ID (our last military assignment) and I'm guessing closer to a million bucks some places in CA. In settling here, we find that Ohio really has a lot to offer if you're willing to get out. We've seen the beautiful West and can go back if we want. We're only a day's drive from a good bit of the East Coast (without the weather problems and high cost of living, IMHO) We really do love it here. Traveling as much as we did in the military taught us to "find something good wherever you land" But for employment, cost of living and amenities, we have found our permanent home! Shameless plug for our favorite food store: Dorothy Lane Markets here in the Dayton area are the BEST food shopping we've ever done. They treat us BETTER than family and we don't miss anything we could get when we lived in Germany!
We have found the same! Ohio offers everything that the East Coast offers at a more reasonable price. Yet, if we do want to visit friends on the East Coast, the drive is doable. Same if we want to hit the Jersey Shore.

We always felt disconnected from everyplace when we lived on Long Island.

Now we plan to visit Memphis, Nashville, Louisville and Chicago this summer! I don't want to leave out Cedar Point and Ohio's Wine Country. We have also heard great things about Hocking Hills.

We KNOW we have found out permanent and final home!

Ohio is WAY underrated! I also need to add the vast quantity of affordable state supported schools here in Ohio. There are also many well regarded private colleges - Oberlin, Case Western Reserve, Kenyon, Ohio Wesleyan and others.

We are just getting to know Cleveland and there are some awesome ethnic neighborhoods, nice architecture and museums to explore there.

We LOVE OHIO!
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio