Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 09:39 AM

33 posts, read 170,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksohorg View Post
Your first postcard photo is taken from the west side looking north, this was taken when the only thing on the grounds was the State Hospital.

The second postcard photo is taken in the center courtyard, looking to the northwest corner. you can also see this area in the 3 RD photo.

The third postcard photo is taken in the center yard, standing center sidewalk on the south end of the courtyard looking north, the smokestack rising above is at the powerhouse, there was eventually another smokestack that was built, and in the late 1980's or early 1990's they were both dropped when the powerhouse quit burning coal and switched to gas, the large white door rising above the patient getting ready to throw the ball, and the other big white door that mirrors it, are where the patients would enter and exit the chow hall, the patients were often taken to the chow hall through the courtyard, during nice weather, for many of them this was the only time they were exposed to the sunshine, the psychotropic medications that many took didn't seem to mix well with sunshine, at the left corner of the courtyard where the patients are gathered on the sidewalk, and the door that is open just above the steps they are standing in front of, is where the 2ND postcard photo was taken.

And a reminder, Billy Millligan was a convicted felon, he was also committed to the Lima State Hospital for the Criminally Insane, you must always remember this whenever you are talking with him, he will attempt to con you, to smooth you over, use you up and discard you, keep your grasp on sanity, he let his grasp go along time ago, he will always be a convicted felon and a patient that was committed to an insane asylum, don't let him to close to your personal world, your family or your life.
Thanks for the photo analysis! I'll have to put some more up for you to see. As for Billy, he has never asked me for anything. I think that he is more leery of being exploited and taken advantage of than his intentions of doing so himself. Trust me, I am not a naive bleeding heart with an adolescent fascination with an insane asylum. I have nearly two decades of experience within the field of Corrections and Mental Health. Does Billy have it within his personality to be a "Con Man"? Very likely. What inmate doesn't? Then again, what attorney or salesman doesn't? The power of persuasion is quite an admirable social skill. The question is whether the intentions are for positive or purely selfish reasons. Only Billy can answer that. He has given me no reason to believe that he desires anything other than to learn from his past, lead a positive life and paint. He committed crimes and the law says he paid for them. If his experience can shed any insight that could help prevent an incidence of child abuse, a crime at the hands of someone suffering from mental illness, a violation of human rights within our institutions, or to inspire someone to nurture their own talents.....my efforts are not in vain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2010, 04:41 PM

1 posts, read 3,290 times
I worked at Lima as a C.O. from 1987 to 1994. I also heard of many happenings and had some experiences of my own. The place is haunted, whether you choose to believe it not, doesn't matter.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:35 AM

1 posts, read 3,260 times
How is it possible to get a copy of the booklet Chambers of Horror or the other book mentioned about LSH?
Our church used to go there monthly for fellowship and small parties with the patients. I also know many who worked at both LSH and for corrections.

Old 01-03-2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Stokes View Post
I had a uncle name Joseph Stokes. Someone came to Cleveland and told my grandmother that the were using him as a ginnypig. Later I found that he was use in the experiment for Cancer paitent, They woud inject we cancerous cell then, Use New drugs to see what happen etc,I did have more on the matter but I can't find it. 1955-1960's
Rita-
Yes, I know that volunteers at the Ohio Penitentiary were injected with live cancer cells for research. I have an original photo of a procedure being done that I should post for you. Was your Uncle at the State Hospital when this was done? Don't recall of hearing about volunteers from there but it is very possible. Quite a thing....for someone to risk their own life for the betterment of mankind.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:19 PM

1 posts, read 3,166 times
hey spent 13 years there 1990-2003 not much there from what i saw most of the stuff was taken by presumebly staff good luck!

Old 02-01-2011, 06:12 PM

1 posts, read 3,095 times
may i ask for information of Billy Milligan? The complete one please. Is he still alive? If yes, where? Thank you very much.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:50 PM

1 posts, read 3,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklebugg View Post
Hi Mxwedge, I saw in your post where you started to work at the Lima State Hospital in the early 1970's. I am searching for a patient named William Allen. I believe he went into the hospital sometime after 1962. Did you know him? If so, can you tell me any information about what happened to him?

Thanks, chucklebugg
I beleave I am who you may be looking for E mail me

Old 02-23-2011, 09:54 AM

Default Billy Milligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by agaaburame View Post
may i ask for information of Billy Milligan? The complete one please. Is he still alive? If yes, where? Thank you very much.
Yes, Billy is still alive. Though I am not at liberty to give out personal information concerning anyone, especially Billy as I know he values his privacy. May I ask what your interest is?

Old 03-21-2011, 04:09 PM

1 posts, read 2,951 times
Default photos lima hospital

I have 2 dozen disturbing photos of this hospital from 1944. They are ebay now look under h2m4L6 for buyer or email me

Quote:
Originally Posted by daileyhistoricalarchives View Post
Hello. Looking for individuals who may have material and/or stories relating to the Lima State Hospital for the Criminally Insane. Unfortunately as time passes, more and more mementos from the facility are thrown away. I am looking for ANYTHING from the hospital. Photos, badges, clothing, patient artwork, etc.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cordially,

The Dailey Historical Archives

Old 03-21-2011, 09:49 PM

13 posts, read 100,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjhou View Post
I wouldn't expect any different from an a former employee! You know as well as I do that what I said is true! A book did exsist and still does! By the way idiot the book is called chambers of horror! It had nothing to do with the plain dealer! If it was that simple then there wouldn't exist a widely need to find it! Imagination? Hardly! I just happened to be one of the very few who was never intimadated by you or anyone else that worked there! I know who you are! I have no choice but to remember! I lost a great deal of my life in that place! You guys are very good in covering things up! I hope no one is blinded by your bs! Explain why no one has been granted permission to investigate Lima? In this country and outside this country people have been granted permission for anywhere else but lima! Be man enough to address me directly instead of on here where you are able to make yourself look better than you actually do!
1. It was a insert that was put out with the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

2. You were intimidated, probably to the point of wetting your panties, otherwise, you wouldn't make a blind statement, your sitting behind your just stolen computer and you are still intimidated.

3. You write "I lost a great deal of my life in that place" and this is who's fault, yours!!! but as is with most incompetent convicts, it's everyone else's fault but yours, you need to understand, I could care less about you or your time locked up, to me it was job security.

4 Next you write "explain why no one has been granted permission to investigate Lima, are you ready for this, I SAID ARE YOU READY FOR THIS, I do hereby grant you permission to investigate Lima, quit sitting there and thinking about how to snatch a purse from an old lady without her getting the best of you, and go investigate Lima, do it, DUH.

5. I will keep all my comments here, where anyone can see them, unlike you, I don't have anything to hide, and how does someone 'be man enough to address you directly' again, you are showing your lack of education, DUH, I am addressing you directly, now, do you have something of substance, something relevant, that you wish to contribute, then do it, otherwise, go back to your ilk, and man up and accept the punishment for your actions that put you in prison to begin with.

6. You can take the convict out of the prison and you have a homeless convict.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio