Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2009, 11:47 AM

89 posts, read 449,841 times

Advertisements

here is an interesting thread for everyone. How would you defend yourself in a rough area? I've read in certain threads that people have varying ideas on how they would defend themselves in sticky situation. when becoming the victim of a crime some would call the police, some will let it happen and pretend that it never did, and some will fight back, etc. no method is wrong, i would just like to know how people would handle a bad situation. most people had rather vague responses and i like to see more direct responses. Again i propose the question "how would you defend yourself?" (i thought i'd put this in the Ohio forums, because i am originally from there and the state is experiencing some tough times.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 12:30 PM

455 posts, read 1,884,097 times
U-Haul

Old 03-18-2009, 01:07 PM

let me clarify that you do not have to live in a high crime area, you passing through and might happen to get carjacked or robbed. the question how would you defend yourself?

Old 03-18-2009, 01:09 PM

5,509 posts, read 9,487,651 times
I don't think anyone can answer this question until they have been in that kind of situation.

Also, the situation itself, might vary. If a group of big guys approach me and demand my wallet, I'd probably give it to them and then call the police when it was safe. If it was some young kid trying to be tough, I'd probably try to fight. But, I can't say for sure, since I've never been in that kind of situation.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:15 PM

well I've been robbed and shot twice and got stabbed in a fight. i made this thread because i noticed a lot of regulars on the Ohio forums posting about situations they have been in.

Old 03-18-2009, 02:20 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,138,639 times
Cool Superior Fire Power, RULES!

Fight back with Maximum Fire Power and a big bad *ss dog. And thats only if I'm passing though. Other than that, I wouldn't be caught in thost parts of town for any reason, let them kill each other off. So we can sit back and have a good laugh watching it all on the evening news.

Old 03-18-2009, 04:21 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,919,276 times
It really depends on the situation.

My response may be different than most on here, because I was born and raised in the hood.

At this point in my life, I try to avoid those situations to begin with. If Im driving through a rough area, I do the smart thing and lock the doors. I also try to avoid walking around in hoods Im not from. I know that most the people even in these areas are good, but you cant take chances. Ive been shot at 3 times, stabbed, and jumped several times also. Ive seen all that and more happen to my friends and other people. While living in the hood I found the best thing for me was to carry protection, be street smart, and when we got a big dog for the house we didnt get people breaking in our house anymore. Before this our house and property had been burglarized many times.

If I was getting carjacked or robbed, I have protection for that. If somehow that didnt work I would try to flee. If theres no way to flee I would just hand it over and call it a loss. It depends more on the situation though. I might fight back even without protection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio