Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 08:13 PM

56 posts, read 212,461 times

Advertisements

Witch city has the worst looking areas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 10:44 PM

602 posts, read 2,033,272 times
I think Mansfield is probably the worst looking Ohio city I can think of.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:30 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,137,511 times
Take a good look at Lorain, talk about your Ghetto town, some parts the EMT services won't go into unless the police go in with them .

Old 04-04-2009, 03:27 PM

1,859 posts, read 5,025,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truemuck View Post
I think Mansfield is probably the worst looking Ohio city I can think of.
Just driving down US 30 and getting a glimpse of the city, it definitely looks old and unappealing.

I would say though that a few towns in eastern Ohio along the River like East Liverpool & Steubenville aren't much better though.

Old 04-04-2009, 04:40 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,918,593 times
Were talking about ghetto areas right?

I would say East Cleveland overall. After that, Cleveland and Youngstown.

Dayton and Cincinnati have some rough looking areas. Lorain, and Canton as well. Elyria has a few rough looking areas on the southside and westside, but overall its not that bad. Toledo and Akron are similar to that. Most of the other smaller Ohio cities that have bad looking areas are a little too rural to look that bad to me.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:03 PM

56 posts, read 212,461 times
it dont necessarily has to be ghetto but worst looking downtown, no new develpment, run down houses, e.t.c

Old 04-06-2009, 09:21 AM

4 posts, read 20,304 times
I lived in Mansfield for the first 18 years of my life, and it certainly is NOT the worst looking city in Ohio. Sure the views from the highway are not that appealing, but you have to consider that those views have always been of factories, not scenery. There are areas of Mansfield that are gorgeous: Kingwood Center, Malabar Farm, Bike Trail, etc. You have to consider that it is a blue-collar industrial town. For what it is, and what has happened to it, I think it has maintained a lot of its original charm. Plus, renovations to downtown and Main Street are starting to improve its look.
Way worse looking cities include: East Cleveland, Youngstown, and Marietta

Old 04-06-2009, 12:02 PM

405 posts, read 1,213,407 times
Columbiana

Although, if we're talking about "worst looking" and not "most economically depressed" or "least functioning" I would probably say something like Stow or Avon (depressing monotony).

Old 04-06-2009, 02:00 PM

602 posts, read 2,033,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toledoattorney View Post
I lived in Mansfield for the first 18 years of my life, and it certainly is NOT the worst looking city in Ohio. Sure the views from the highway are not that appealing, but you have to consider that those views have always been of factories, not scenery. There are areas of Mansfield that are gorgeous: Kingwood Center, Malabar Farm, Bike Trail, etc. You have to consider that it is a blue-collar industrial town. For what it is, and what has happened to it, I think it has maintained a lot of its original charm. Plus, renovations to downtown and Main Street are starting to improve its look.
Way worse looking cities include: East Cleveland, Youngstown, and Marietta
I'll give you East Cleveland, and I don't know enough about Marietta to comment.

But, I used to live in Wooster and I've been through many different parts of Mansfield, and other than a small section of stately old homes on the west side, Mansfield is just as ugly, if not uglier than Youngstown. The square downtown is kinda quaint, but I think the square in Youngstown is better kept. Also, Malabar Farm is a bit of a distance outside of Mansfield. Youngstown has Mill Creek Park within its boundaries, as well as other nice parks and cultural facilities that have been mentioned elsewhere.
The best things I can say about Mansfield, is that you have the OSR, Snow Trails, a Skyline Chili and a White Castle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam40jeff View Post
Columbiana

Although, if we're talking about "worst looking" and not "most economically depressed" or "least functioning" I would probably say something like Stow or Avon (depressing monotony).
Columbiana? While there are some part of Columbiana COUNTY that are kind of run down, the CITY of Columbiana is very quaint.

And Stow? While Stow may be strip mall mania, but its altogether a good suburban town.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:12 PM

8,826 posts, read 15,311,022 times
Columbiana isn't even a city, is it? I believe it is a village.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio