Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 05:22 PM

20 posts, read 132,244 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I've asked a few questions here about the area recently, as I was preparing to move there. Well now my family and I have arrived, and although we're quite happy, we're still running into some 'unknowns'. Hopefully some of you here will be kind enough to help us out

1. We THINK the kids will be in the Poland school district, but we won't be sure until we go to enroll them. We're wondering whether or not either of our potential school districts (Poland or Lowellville) have a mandatory dress code?

2. Garbage...as in....how and when is it collected here? If it makes a difference, we're technically in Lowellville.

I know there was a few more, but that's all I can remember for right now....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 06:34 AM

1,853 posts, read 9,689,159 times
I think the better question would be, "Does Lowellville provide trash pick up, or do you have to hire your own?" I don't know the answer to that. If you have to hire your own, the big ones around here are BFI, Waste Management, and Allison Brothers.

Allison Brothers are local boys from Ellsworth Township.

Index This is the link to Lowellville schools.

- Poland Schools -

You could E-mail the schools direct to find out their exact rules, and where their boundaries are.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:39 AM

3,343 posts, read 10,937,749 times
I would think your realtor would know this information.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:15 AM

602 posts, read 2,034,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finallygreen View Post
1. We THINK the kids will be in the Poland school district, but we won't be sure until we go to enroll them. We're wondering whether or not either of our potential school districts (Poland or Lowellville) have a mandatory dress code?

2. Garbage...as in....how and when is it collected here? If it makes a difference, we're technically in Lowellville.

I know there was a few more, but that's all I can remember for right now....
Without knowing exactly where you are, its tough to say, which district you're in or the garbage situation.

As for the dress code thing, as far as I know, (from knowing people who went to school there), there isn't. I think some Youngstown city schools have done that, but none in the suburbs that I know of.

Old 04-08-2009, 02:21 PM

3,977 posts, read 3,662,018 times
What about calling your city hall? They are usually helpful in knowing which direction to point you in.

Old 04-08-2009, 04:46 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,633,893 times
I am curious about Poland as well. I heard it is quite an attractive little town. Where are they located in direction to Youngstown? And how far are they from the city?

Old 04-08-2009, 04:57 PM

602 posts, read 2,034,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post
I am curious about Poland as well. I heard it is quite an attractive little town. Where are they located in direction to Youngstown? And how far are they from the city?
Its about 5 miles SSE of down Youngstown. Its a nice town, but its fairly "suburbanized" but its not like Boardman.

Old 04-08-2009, 05:04 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,633,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truemuck View Post
Its about 5 miles SSE of down Youngstown. Its a nice town, but its fairly "suburbanized" but its not like Boardman.

Thats fine, as long as its historical districts are intact. I went through Boardman once, and the traffic was a nightmare, might have been because it was a Saturday night, but I went to the Shops at Boardman Park and went into the Panera Bread there, and couldn't get out of the parking lot for a good 10 minutes, the traffic on Rt. 224 was horrible.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:47 PM

20 posts, read 132,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post
Thats fine, as long as its historical districts are intact. I went through Boardman once, and the traffic was a nightmare, might have been because it was a Saturday night, but I went to the Shops at Boardman Park and went into the Panera Bread there, and couldn't get out of the parking lot for a good 10 minutes, the traffic on Rt. 224 was horrible.
Yeah, you'll have that....224 during peak times (rush hour, etc.) is pretty nasty. I lived in Los Angeles for a good many years, so I'm OK with it....the Mrs. not so much

I won't have the answers about the school until tomorrow (got sidetracked today finding the kids' birth certificates/etc.), but I can answer the garbage issue now (in case anyone searches for this info later on). Here in Lowellville, you have to essentially hire a company to come and take your garbage (as South Range indicated earlier). I went with the one that seemed popular on my street, and they're charging me $50 every 3 months. The cost includes the use of their own lid-attached garbage can...which is kinda cool since those can cost $30 or more right there.

Old 04-09-2009, 06:25 AM

1,853 posts, read 9,689,159 times
In another thread you were asking about fishing lakes. Since you are in Lowellville, you may be interested in joining the Lowellville rod and gun club. They have a really nice facility on Quarry Rd.

They are probably the most active club in the area. They put on fish fries, dinners, and all kinds of kids programs. I believe they may be having a chicken dinner this weekend.

Lowellville Rod
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio