Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2009, 01:26 PM

12 posts, read 42,669 times

Advertisements

I'm currently looking for information on any decent size towns between New Philadelphia and Mt. Vernon. I have found Wooster and Coshocton being the only two between these two towns, they are still smaller than I'd like but at least Wooster has a college...does anyone have any information on these towns and also any other towns you would recommend along the way. I am a college student; I am currently taking online courses but would love to go back to a brick and mortar school. I also have a son who is 4 and is currently enrolled in a full day Pre-K program here in Oklahoma any info on the Pre-K schooling within these areas would be great. I'm leaning towards New Philadelphia as there is many more job opportunities there compared to the smaller towns, I have a computer networking degree and hope to utilize it while attending school. So this is pretty vague, I am just trying to get a feel for where I would be most comfortable living. I moved to Oklahoma two years ago from Colorado and really really miss the big city. So I'm searching for a happy medium. Any info would help, as I'm apartment searching as we speak! Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 02:57 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,437,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wy2Co2Ok View Post
I'm currently looking for information on any decent size towns between New Philadelphia and Mt. Vernon. I have found Wooster and Coshocton being the only two between these two towns, they are still smaller than I'd like but at least Wooster has a college...does anyone have any information on these towns and also any other towns you would recommend along the way. I am a college student; I am currently taking online courses but would love to go back to a brick and mortar school. I also have a son who is 4 and is currently enrolled in a full day Pre-K program here in Oklahoma any info on the Pre-K schooling within these areas would be great. I'm leaning towards New Philadelphia as there is many more job opportunities there compared to the smaller towns, I have a computer networking degree and hope to utilize it while attending school. So this is pretty vague, I am just trying to get a feel for where I would be most comfortable living. I moved to Oklahoma two years ago from Colorado and really really miss the big city. So I'm searching for a happy medium. Any info would help, as I'm apartment searching as we speak! Thanks in advance!
When we were down in Ohio for family obligations late last year we lived bout a 1/2 hour away from New Philly. We did most of our shopping there. You mentioned alot of jobs in that area. I did not see alot of jobs while I was there and my sister lives in the area and I can assure you there are not alot of jobs. Unless you have alot of funds I would strongly recommend you either check it out thoroughly or apply for employment before you make such a move. Akron and Canton area would be more where employment might be somewhat better for you but it's about a good 45 minute (at least) commute from New Philly.

If you really miss the big city atmosphere keep in mind New Philly is not considered a large city and basically anything out of Philly is going to be a small town type. In Philly, there is a Super Wal-mart there; Bob Evans Restaurant; Denny's and your usual assortment of fast food places and an assortment of stores. There is a decent mall there also. Dover is close to Philly but again it's not a real large city. The sad thing is that area has been hit hard with unemployment as is the story in most places. I would recommend you go visit there (if you haven't done so already) and take a good look around, talk to the locals and check out the employment. I am a native Clevelander and Cleveland has been hit pretty hard also, but you might check out their employment also. Also, check out Hartville, Ohio; that's a cute town. Wooster is also another one I'd check out. I really don't know of many towns in between Philly and Mt. Vernon (and I dont know anything about Mr. Vernon). Good luck.

Old 11-13-2009, 10:13 AM

2 posts, read 4,618 times
Well I feel that mt vernon Ohio is great but I'm on ss so I don't know the job needs. wooster is good the collage is great I would rent a place first to try it out see if you realy like it and don't quit a job till you get anouther one.
good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio