Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 08:38 PM

5,294 posts, read 5,239,871 times

Advertisements

Franklin Castle on Cleveland's west side.
Lakeview Cemetary in Cleveland

Mansfield State Penitentiary in Mansfield (where Shawshank Redemption was filmed)
The Knox County Poorhouse

Not really sure yet about here in Cincy, but down in Wilder, KY is Bobby Mackey's Music World...the most haunted music club/night club in America...it's the only one I can think of in the area that's been on "A Haunting" and Ghost Hunters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2013, 04:28 PM

20 posts, read 24,205 times
I do know of Athens, and the then Athens Sanitarium, which sits on a hill right next to and overlooks OU campus, and is now owned by OU, and they use it.... From what I have heard, a lot of patients were treated badly, families abandoned the patients, and then there were the TB patients, who had their own building.... All of the patients who died there, and never had their bodies turned over to their families, are buried there, and in unmarked graves, except for a number, I believe.... Marietta has some haunted places, in the historic part of town..... Gallipolis/Pt. Pleasant W.V. is home to the Silver Bridge collapse in the 60's or 70's I believe, and of coarse, the Mothman Prophecies, and the Mothman sightings of local residents.... I know Pt. Pleasant is in WV, but it's just across the river, and they have a some attractions, devoted to Mothman, and the bridge collapse.... Very interesting to hear about the Kings Island stories, as that is my favorite destination in Ohio.... Of coarse there is the Old Mansfield prison, and if they still do tours, I highly recommend taking one.... The old Ohio Pen. in Columbus is now gone, and The Arena District is there in it's place, but that place looked creepy when you went into downtown Columbus, from Grandview back in the day.... Also, in Washington County, there is Veto Lake, near Barlow, which is a big recreation draw for the area, but before it was created, back in the day, an old cemetery used to lie in a part of it, and the headstones were moved to create the lake, but the bodies were left... I'm sure there are many more, but I only listed the ones I know.... Try Cedar Point, or Kings Island at Halloween time, for some good scares, though, they are man made, and not truly haunted, but still a good time..... Also, I've heard some stories about some of the rural county courthouses, along with the present day statehouse, but I don't know enough to elaborate... Good luck!!!!

Old 02-24-2013, 11:00 PM

24,100 posts, read 32,460,014 times

Last edited by sheena12; 02-24-2013 at 11:02 PM.. Reason: wrong site

Old 02-27-2013, 05:43 PM

1,086 posts, read 2,702,355 times
Here's an incredibly stupid question with some relationship to this thread.

Where are all of the native Indians who lived in the region buried? Are their grave sites just forgotten, plowed or paved or built over and the bones pulverized into dust?

We know about some of the local Indian burial mounds. Do they contain the burials of most Indians from the area?

Old 02-27-2013, 10:09 PM

5,294 posts, read 5,239,871 times
A friend of mine took me past the Peters Cartridge Factory in Kings Mills, OH the other day...didn't go inside this abandoned gun powder company but it certainly has the very erie haunting look to it. Very imposing structure.

Old 12-01-2014, 09:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,503 times
College Students, Haunted Belltower Capital University Found Footage

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9zduC-H2YQ&feature=youtu.be[/url]

Old 12-02-2014, 12:33 PM

1,683 posts, read 811,175 times
The Kennedy Art Museum is that haunted building I think the other person was talking about. The Moonville Train Tunnel is a huge part of haunted folklore in Ohio.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2831799/3/Behind-Those-Eyes

Old 12-02-2014, 07:50 PM

7,079 posts, read 8,941,070 times
Here are some pics I took of the Peters Cartridge Company.

These are pics of what is left of the powder factory across the river, most people do not realize it is there.

Old 12-02-2014, 08:16 PM

3,298 posts, read 3,889,486 times
I accidently came across the Rotating Tombstone while doing a general research of Ohio. It is located in Marion, Ohio. Nobody can figure out how it moves. Now I want to see it!

Old 01-01-2015, 01:16 AM

3,222 posts, read 4,568,857 times
Waynesville, most haunted town in Ohio, according to Chris Woodyard in her ''Haunted Ohio'' series.
Dayton Air Force Museum, Woodland Cemetery in Dayton, Cincinnati's Music Hall, and so many more.
That powder factory creeps me out pretty good too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio