Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2007, 01:17 PM

10 posts, read 93,443 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My name is Pilar and I am coming from Europe by late July and I will be working in Lorain as a professional primary teacher next year. I need a house and a second hand car. Any help and info will be VERY MUCH appreciated.

Here's my email address: pilarsanchez81@ono.com

Thank you very very much

Pilar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2007, 01:21 PM

89 posts, read 372,094 times
I live in Lorain, for now anyways. Are you looking to buy a house or to rent?

Old 05-14-2007, 02:01 PM

10 posts, read 93,443 times
Hi! I am looking for a house to rent. Preferably, not too expensive as I will have to spend A LOT of money as soon as I get there.

Thank you for taking the time to reply!

Pilar

Old 05-14-2007, 07:13 PM

89 posts, read 372,094 times
You can check out the classifieds in Lorain's newspaper. www.morningjournal.com
I found my used car by autotrader.com

Are you looking to live in the city of Lorain? I have lived here my entire life, so if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Old 02-11-2018, 05:23 PM

17 posts, read 20,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnie417 View Post
You can check out the classifieds in Lorain's newspaper. The Morning Journal: Breaking News, Sports, Business, Entertainment & Northern Ohio News
I found my used car by autotrader.com

Are you looking to live in the city of Lorain? I have lived here my entire life, so if you have any questions feel free to ask.
We are looking into Lorain, how is it as far as schools and diversity? Also is it safe? We would need something centrally located to be able to commute to work once we find jobs. I like that it's not too far from NY making it manageable for family to visit. If you don't recommend Lorain any other areas you would recommend that has great schools, nice people, is safe and diversified? Not looking into urban areas, definitely suburban for us!!!

Old 02-11-2018, 08:09 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,420,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamy2000 View Post
We are looking into Lorain, how is it as far as schools and diversity? Also is it safe? We would need something centrally located to be able to commute to work once we find jobs. I like that it's not too far from NY making it manageable for family to visit. If you don't recommend Lorain any other areas you would recommend that has great schools, nice people, is safe and diversified? Not looking into urban areas, definitely suburban for us!!!
What kind of diversity are you looking for? Why is Lorain your first choice in Greater Cleveland, as eastern suburbs would be even closer to NY.

This thread should be helpful for Lorain County.

//www.city-data.com/forum/cleve...ohio-area.html

You can check out high schools and school districts at this website as well.

https://www.greatschools.org/ohio/lo...n-High-School/

Old 02-11-2018, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilar View Post
Hi! I am looking for a house to rent. Preferably, not too expensive as I will have to spend A LOT of money as soon as I get there.

Thank you for taking the time to reply!

Pilar
Zillow.com is a good source for rental houses.

https://www.zillow.com/lorain-county-oh/rent-houses/

CarMax is a national chain specializing in used cars.

https://www.carmax.com/stores/oh/cleveland

Major dealers will provide used cars with warranties. Ask your potential employer for local dealer suggestions if you don't want to use CarMax.

Consumer Reports provides reliability ratings for used cars by model and year and a purchase guide for buying used cars. Most libraries carry the service, but it might be cheaper and faster to subscribe as it has a very good digital website.

Blue Book provides valuations.

https://www.kbb.com/car-advice/?psid...|26285lk551871

Check VINs for accident histories.

https://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/vin-check.html

https://www.carfax.com/vehicle-histo...C9w&gclsrc=ds#

Never rely on the accident or salvage history provided by the dealer. Cars salvaged from flood zones, such as after hurricanes, sometimes are dumped on unsuspecting Ohioans not as aware of the ramifications of buying a flood-damaged car.

Strongly consider using someone such as Conrad's to inspect your used car before the purchase is finalized, especially if not buying a used car with a warranty from a major dealer.

https://www.econrads.com/car-service...e-locator.aspx

Make certain you get rental insurance for your house rental. Make certain that you ascertain your responsibility and insurance needs in the event a house is destroyed by a fire or damaged in any other way where you may be at fault. Ask for the recommendation of a good insurance agent. Even if the house owner has insurance, his insurance company likely has the right to sue you or your insurance company for any damages that can be proved as your responsibility. Your liability could be vastly greater if you rent a condo in a multi-unit building or a duplex.

BTW, never post an e-mail address in an online forum. Parties can send a direct message to you without using your private e-mail (and it's dangerous for anyone to respond to a stranger's e-mail address).

Good luck!

Last edited by WRnative; 02-11-2018 at 08:32 PM..

Old 02-11-2018, 08:47 PM

Also, consider posting your question in the Cleveland forum in order to get more and perhaps better responses, as Lorain County is part of Greater Cleveland, with many suburbs of Cleveland.

//www.city-data.com/forum/cleveland/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio