Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 09:21 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post
I understand exactly what you are saying. Strickland is a joke. Why on Earth would he consider running for a second term? lol discussion for another thread. A great thread in Ohio would be "Ohio Politics". That would be popular, a lot to talk about there.
hmmm........I'm not ready for another infraction...But every state forum should have it's own Political thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 09:25 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,433,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
hmmm........I'm not ready for another infraction...But every state forum should have it's own Political thread.
LOL....if they start one, you'll have to and possibly the same for me........

Old 12-30-2009, 06:00 AM

41,958 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Quote:
Oh no lol, as a former resident of Pennyslvania, they just waste their tax dollars on other things.
Like pensions for overpaid workers at the state liquor stores and turnpike toll booths.

Old 12-30-2009, 02:50 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,631,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
LOL that is why one will never be created from me. There are two things that should not be debated on the internet, or just in public. Those two things are religion and politics.

Old 01-01-2010, 08:00 AM

379 posts, read 849,143 times
I'm getting one of these new plates.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:14 AM

365 posts, read 1,401,815 times
I'm not real sure about the colors... kinda gives it a garden-ish feel, LOL. It has a lot more character but I'll stick with my boring red,white & blue plates.

Actually, after looking at it again it looks more like a Wisconsin plate than it does an Ohio one... then again I've only lived here just a touch over 5 years. I just have a hard time picturing Ohio as a "farming state". What's up with the asian-ish styled sun rays too?

Old 01-01-2010, 05:08 PM

9,412 posts, read 11,159,448 times
Not gorgeous but better--and more legible--than many I've seen.

This is not a big issue, if state government doesn't have three people to bring out a new plate--which they charge extra $$ for BTW--then there need to be some new people at DMV or the goobernator's office or somewhere.

Old 01-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,105,348 times
I agree with the notion above that the new design just doesn't look like an Ohio plate. I saw some when I was there last week and they reminded me of plates I'd seen from Indiana and Pennsylvania. Maybe it was time for a change?

Don't fault the state for putting some effort into this, because it's more than just window dressing. License plates are a subtle way to help market the state's image to out of state tourists and out-of-state companies that might want to bring jobs there. You should be glad they're doing something to bring more tourists and jobs to your state (and my home state). It can use more of both.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:02 PM

2,785 posts, read 6,631,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
I agree with the notion above that the new design just doesn't look like an Ohio plate. I saw some when I was there last week and they reminded me of plates I'd seen from Indiana and Pennsylvania. Maybe it was time for a change?

Don't fault the state for putting some effort into this, because it's more than just window dressing. License plates are a subtle way to help market the state's image to out of state tourists and out-of-state companies that might want to bring jobs there. You should be glad they're doing something to bring more tourists and jobs to your state (and my home state). It can use more of both.

That's true, I always kind of forget that. I mean how often do you catch yourself looking at other states plates and be like "oh that is really nice" or "that is terrible". You catch yourself doing that a lot.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:04 AM

379 posts, read 849,143 times
Quote:
That's true, I always kind of forget that. I mean how often do you catch yourself looking at other states plates and be like "oh that is really nice" or "that is terrible". You catch yourself doing that a lot.
I do that all the time when I see an out of state plate. Some people do draw subtle conclusions about a state from seeing a state's plate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio