U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 05:23 PM

2,786 posts, read 5,970,783 times

Advertisements

I don't know if this is going to be Ohio's new license plate or not. I have seen lots of them all over SW Ohio. Didn't think much of it until last week when I was stuck in traffic and saw quite a few of these new plates. Just wondering what you think of them.

Just in case you haven't seen them, this is what the new plate I am talking about looks like:

http://www.toledoonthemove.com/uploa...ense-plate.jpg
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 06:23 PM

6,098 posts, read 11,478,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post
I don't know if this is going to be Ohio's new license plate or not. I have seen lots of them all over SW Ohio. Didn't think much of it until last week when I was stuck in traffic and saw quite a few of these new plates. Just wondering what you think of them.

Just in case you haven't seen them, this is what the new plate I am talking about looks like:

It looks nice but, Ohio needs to quit wasting money and time on this stuff and put where it is need the most. Vocational Education and helping to retrain folks so they can get better jobs and better education. Not a bunch of fancy tags.

Old 12-26-2009, 06:26 PM

5,963 posts, read 11,202,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post

I think it's pretty; the other ones are too plain. I like those new ones.

Old 12-26-2009, 06:27 PM

5,963 posts, read 11,202,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
It looks nice but, Ohio needs to quit wasting money and time on this stuff and put where it is need the most. Vocational Education and helping to retrain folks so they can get better jobs and better education. Not a bunch of fancy tags.
Although I do like those new tags I have to agree with you. They are certainly not top priority right now.

Old 12-26-2009, 06:32 PM

2,786 posts, read 5,970,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Although I do like those new tags I have to agree with you. They are certainly not top priority right now.

I agree Pat and EB. The only thing I do not like is what I assume to be Columbus's skyline in the middle. Why make it black?

Anyway, as much as I hate Strickland, he is doing a pretty good job about putting money towards education in Ohio.

Old 12-27-2009, 05:06 PM

556 posts, read 1,457,293 times
Looks good, but reminds me more of a southern state than it does Ohio.

Old 12-27-2009, 05:39 PM

379 posts, read 770,784 times
I like it. It seems that the plate is showing all of the properties of Ohio on a single plate: cities, bridges, farms, hills, trees, forests, aviation.

Old 12-27-2009, 06:42 PM

6,098 posts, read 11,478,340 times
Angry A Big Waste!!

It's still a big waste of time, money, resources and effort, they need to focus on more important matters, like Ohio Jobs not some silly license plate.

Old 12-27-2009, 07:16 PM

3,867 posts, read 7,479,421 times
It will take a little getting used to. As for the timing, these have been in the plans since 2006. It is not unusual for the license design to be changed every few years. Ohio used to have a different plate, and you HAD to get new plates every year. The dies, stamps, etc that they use to make the plates wear out and have to be replaced, so I don't know that the additional expense to change the design was that great. You are not required to purchase the new plates. You can keep you old ones.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:14 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,562,162 times
Am I the only one who really hates the new liscense plate?

Honestly, it makes me want to puke. Our old plates were so wonderful: crisp, clean, and clear, with only the colors of our state flag as decoration. Anyone could easily recoginze not only the car number but also the fact that the plate stood for "Ohio". It also made the state look more serious, industrial, and practical.

Now, the new plate has random swaths of ugly color, patches of crap that apparently represent cities, farms, and the Wright Flyer (which ther is no way in h*ll the average driver can tell on the freeway), and barely discernable writing. It took me ten seconds at least to even tell what state this ugliness was from the first time I saw it, much less how long it will take for the unsympathetic outsider to discern such information (read the posts by the southerners to get an idea of what I mean.....)

Hopefully, they decide to scrap it before it causes too much damage. Time to model our plates on Pennsylvania's
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio