Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 04:08 PM

259 posts, read 1,072,903 times

Advertisements

Look into Mustang, Yukon, El Reno, Tuttle, Newcastle and Piedmont. All are located on the west side of the metro and have plenty of properties with land for your horses.
Funny, you mention people riding their horses around town- I was traveling home from my son's preschool today (it's in Mustang) and two ladies were out riding their horses on one of the side streets. It was odd to see but really cool. Talk about a green mode of transportation:-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 07:39 PM

593 posts, read 1,795,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
I don't recall making any rude or nasty comments towards people from California, but that is probably because I haven't had much of an opportunity. Don't feel neglected, I am sure I will get to it soon enough. Right now I am too busy targeting Kansas graduates that think they have a "right" to judge Bob Stoops..............

Couldn't handle a little dust and had to run away, eh?

Seems to me you ought to hang your head a little when you say that.....maybe scuff your toe.........there wasn't anywhere near enough shame in the way you said that........

Hey, if it involves California girls, bring them on......we have lots of beautiful women in Oklahoma, but a few more will always be welcome.

Eatin' good food is eatin' good food, regardless of where it's from......doesn't make you an Okie just because you like a chicken fried steak, any more than it makes me Japanese when I eat sashimi......
It's very hard to find fried okra out here, much less redeye gravy on a menu...

Old 09-29-2010, 12:44 AM

17 posts, read 52,602 times
Well, we actually used to live out there, we don't plan on bringing our California Attitudes we're just looking for a nice place to move to.
Last summer we made a trip out there, a lot had seemed like it had changed. Most of what we saw was too city-like or not what we're looking for & all the horse stuff seemed to be centered around race horses.
Just thought I'd post here to see if there were any other areas that we hadn't heard of that might work.
Thanks to all of you who helped!

Oh and Hazel Eyes-
Norco is where I'm talking about

Last edited by rericha; 09-29-2010 at 12:57 AM..

Old 03-30-2011, 09:55 AM

18 posts, read 52,407 times
I agree...that was a nasty comment stiff necked...way to be welcoming and warm. When we moved here in 2002 I found OKC to be one of the friendliest most patriotic places I'd ever lived. Sure am glad i never ran into you before i formulated my humble opinion.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:32 PM

46 posts, read 178,709 times
Mustang, Yukon, El Reno, Tuttle, Newcastle and Piedmont. All very nice areas to live in

Old 11-25-2011, 08:02 PM

11 posts, read 29,517 times
Wow....I'm from California and all my family is from Arkansas. They came to California back in the day for work. Now we are heading back...cause we all know there is no work in California. Sad thing is...the Midwest don't sound so friendly after reading these posts. What's up...I was always proud to say my family was from Arkansas!

Old 11-26-2011, 09:07 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,443,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilwheata View Post
Wow....I'm from California and all my family is from Arkansas. They came to California back in the day for work. Now we are heading back...cause we all know there is no work in California. Sad thing is...the Midwest don't sound so friendly after reading these posts. What's up...I was always proud to say my family was from Arkansas!
But, Arkansas and Oklahoma are not the Midwest. Midwest is Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, and a few others north and east of Oklahoma. Arkansas is considered more of the south than Oklahoma. Oklahoma and Texas are usually considered southwest. Todays geography lesson. haha.. J/K! People from California have come to Muskogee and say they are so glad to be out of CA. My cousin who met her California husband in Little Rock, where she grew up, has lived in San Jose aince her marriage. She is a great ambasador for Arkansas as she often tells about the wonders of Arkansas. As a teacher in their public school, I'm sure she indoctrinated many of her young pupils. lol

Lilwheats, keep in mind very few posts are negative. Most Oklahomans and people in Arkansas will be very welcoming to newcomers.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:58 AM

13 posts, read 20,174 times
I am from Missouri and thinking of Moving to OKC as well as bringing my horses. There is no work here and we are needed in OKC. I want to bring my horses and probably sell some when i get there....and ride every night. I will look into the Yukon but the prices look a little too high for a school teacher. I don't mind driving 35 minutes to work in OKC but I want to come home to my horses every night....and maybe live near an arena where is an ride in the winter.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:42 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,443,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fess1960 View Post
I am from Missouri and thinking of Moving to OKC as well as bringing my horses. There is no work here and we are needed in OKC. I want to bring my horses and probably sell some when i get there....and ride every night. I will look into the Yukon but the prices look a little too high for a school teacher. I don't mind driving 35 minutes to work in OKC but I want to come home to my horses every night....and maybe live near an arena where is an ride in the winter.
Ya might check out east of Oklahoma City rather than west. Choctaw or Nicoma Park. It is probably somewhat cheaper in that area.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:35 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,506,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
But, Arkansas and Oklahoma are not the Midwest. Midwest is Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, and a few others north and east of Oklahoma. Arkansas is considered more of the south than Oklahoma. Oklahoma and Texas are usually considered southwest. Todays geography lesson. haha.. J/K! People from California have come to Muskogee and say they are so glad to be out of CA. My cousin who met her California husband in Little Rock, where she grew up, has lived in San Jose aince her marriage. She is a great ambasador for Arkansas as she often tells about the wonders of Arkansas. As a teacher in their public school, I'm sure she indoctrinated many of her young pupils. lol

Lilwheats, keep in mind very few posts are negative. Most Oklahomans and people in Arkansas will be very welcoming to newcomers.
Great post and 110% correct!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City