Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2010, 08:19 AM

4,030 posts, read 10,763,494 times

Advertisements

Okay, guys, I know you all know everything there is to know about OKC, so I need your help. I am looking for somewhere in the Edmond/OKC area that sells imported NA beers. DH can't drink alcohol but does enjoy NA beers. He really likes a couple of the imported varieties, but the only kind I've found here, at Crest, is St. Pauli's NA which is his least favorite. He usually drinks the Coors NA or O'douls, the Budweiser variety, which is usually available at Walmat and sometimes Homeland and Crest, but really enjoys the flavors of the imported much better, as they taste more like real beer. When we lived in Texas we could just pick it up at any liquor store or our local HEB, but obviously, those are not options in Oklahoma. We usually stop at a liquor store or grocery store while we are visiting family in Texas and pick up a few cases, but we forgot to stop the last couple of times, and the next visit we will be flying so it won't be an option then. I keep thinking that surely there is somewhere in this city that carries the imported varieties. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 06:32 AM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times
My first thought is to contact your local liquor store and see if they can special order you a case or two.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
My first thought is to contact your local liquor store and see if they can special order you a case or two.
When we first moved here, I went to our local liquor store, unaware of the state law prohibiting them from selling it, and they told me they couldn't help me. I asked them about ordering some, but they said, no they weren't allowed to. I even asked a beer delivery guy in Walmart one day, and he didn't know how I could get it. He just looked at me like I was crazy. Crest used to occasionally carry the Heineken variety, Buckler, which DH enjoys, but they stopped carrying it. DH's favorite is the Guinness variety, Kaliber. With the holidays coming he just likes to have some to take with him to parties and such. It beats drinking water.

I guess I'll just have to have the relatives coming up from Texas for Thanksgiving stop and get some for him.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:28 AM

533 posts, read 1,711,019 times
debzkidz did you try Pops by any chance?

I don't know but was wondering if they might have something.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:48 AM

I haven't been to Pops in a while and I never thought about looking there. I'm always so busy looking at all they sodas, I never think to look there for the beer. Thanks for the idea, flintysooner. I will definitely look there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City