Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2011, 11:31 PM

2 posts, read 12,038 times

Advertisements

Hi all! I will be moving to OKC in 2 months to start residency at OUHSC and would like to live somewhere relatively close to the med center. I've been searching for awhile and would like to know people's opinions on Legacy at Arts Quarter and Lincoln at Central Park (regarding both the apartments themselves and the areas of town which they are in).

I know there are a lot of good deals on house/duplex rentals in the area, but as a female living alone, I would like the comfort of having a large number of neighbors My goal would be $800/mo but anything under $1000 would be okay.

Any other apartment suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I would also be open to checking out NW OKC... I am visiting in a couple weeks and have a few days to explore!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 02:52 AM

7 posts, read 13,547 times
Lars11,

Welcome to OK State.I knew , you are looking a place that is near your working area.When I went to the VA Medical Center which near by OU hospital. It is just 20 mins drive.I live in Edmond and my house near by WalMart,WalGreem ,Homeland ,Kohl's ,many international restaurants,Gym and banks.It is on Santa Fe Ave.and Danforth Rd. or Edmond Rd. It is a safety area and convenient. The expenses is more lower then in the Oklahoma City.My house also have room available for rent. It's all furnished and access to High Speed Internet, Cable TV and Launder.Just $450/m included all utilities and every things in 1 bill.

My house is a single house 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. I'm a single and have 1 roommate ,she is a student of UCO. If you want a private bathroom then you will get master room it will be $650/m.This master room has king bed,set of working table and TV Sony 47'.You can access to common area in the house as your home.

You have other choice to look in to....If you want to visit,you can post it here or e-mail me dorathysu@hotmail.com ...

Old 04-21-2011, 08:40 AM

242 posts, read 765,178 times
Both of those complexes are safe because of their security, gates, large number of apartments and residents, etc. Lots of "eyes on the street"

Old 04-21-2011, 11:57 AM

778 posts, read 2,323,012 times
Hey Lars11!

I actually live about 7 blocks north of Legay at Arts District. I've heard pretty good things about it from the people I knew that lived there. The only complaint I've ever heard was that the walls can be a little thin, but thats a common complaint in most modern apartments. If your price range is up to $1000, you should be able to get a large 1 bedroom or small 2 bedroom there.

In addition, theres this place: Lincoln Park Apartments | Life is Better at The Lincoln A lot of OUHSC and OCU students live at this place. Plus its a little cheaper than Legacy and its closer to Penn Sqaure, Chesapeake, I-44, etc. The downside is its far from the action in downtown and bricktown, if that's your thing.

One thing I would also suggest is renting from the many 4 and 6 plexes around midtown owned by the Banta Companies. Midtown Renaissance OKC - Oklahoma City Commercial, Residential and Retail Properties (http://midtownr.com/View.aspx?type=res - broken link) I actually looked in one of these before I moved to my current place in Midtown. Had it not been for the fact that they all got scooped up, I would have moved into these. VERY nice, high quality finishes, reasonably prices, cheaper per square foot than Legacy. Just know that they go fast!

Anyway hope this helps. I live down here and can pretty much tell you where to look/avoid, so PM if you have any other questions.

Good luck!

Old 04-22-2011, 05:11 PM

2 posts, read 12,038 times
Thank you for all the advice! Definitely going to check out the 2 apt complexes I mentioned and maybe some duplexes in midtown as well. I was really interested in Midtown Renaissance... I contacted them and not sure if there will be any open units for my move-in date, but still holding out hope

I also came across Providence Place which is on the west side of town... a little further than my other options but seems nice. Anyone heard anything about this new complex?

Old 04-22-2011, 11:29 PM

259 posts, read 1,072,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lars11 View Post
Thank you for all the advice! Definitely going to check out the 2 apt complexes I mentioned and maybe some duplexes in midtown as well. I was really interested in Midtown Renaissance... I contacted them and not sure if there will be any open units for my move-in date, but still holding out hope

I also came across Providence Place which is on the west side of town... a little further than my other options but seems nice. Anyone heard anything about this new complex?
I'd rule out Providence Place as an option. Yes, it looks great online, really convenient to I-40 and close to Meridian's plethora of restaurants and fast food joints, but is directly east of the city dump. I know they have plans to develop the Canadian river with a trail system but that is so far off in the future, who knows if it will ever happen. Midtown Renn or the other apt complexes you've mentioned will be much better.

Old 05-10-2011, 07:12 PM

1 posts, read 5,862 times
Hey - I am planning to join OUHSC this August and was looking for apartments (better if its close to OUHSC). I found one namely REGENCY TOWERS. How about it and is there some good apartments nearby. Please let me know.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:54 PM

9 posts, read 38,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lars11 View Post
Hi all! I will be moving to OKC in 2 months to start residency at OUHSC and would like to live somewhere relatively close to the med center. I've been searching for awhile and would like to know people's opinions on Legacy at Arts Quarter and Lincoln at Central Park (regarding both the apartments themselves and the areas of town which they are in).

I know there are a lot of good deals on house/duplex rentals in the area, but as a female living alone, I would like the comfort of having a large number of neighbors My goal would be $800/mo but anything under $1000 would be okay.

Any other apartment suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I would also be open to checking out NW OKC... I am visiting in a couple weeks and have a few days to explore!
OUHSC is near poor ethnic folks. I don't know that will make you more comfortable, more focus on your study or what?

But it is very close to the downtown area if you are a party goers. I have heard of frat boys who have a wonderful time on Robinson Street.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:17 PM

51 posts, read 474,380 times
Poor ethnic folks? Jesus man...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City