Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 06:25 PM

533 posts, read 1,710,878 times

Advertisements

Chandelle I think
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2007, 07:44 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,757,750 times
Default You can find it online....

Mid-Century Architecture

Here is the website that can give you the info.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:01 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,619,497 times
The Chandelle Club

Doesn't that sound like we should hear a chorus like:

Doo lang doo lang doo lang, doo lang doo lang

He's so fine

Wasn't the Petroleum Club also a revolving restaurant? I guess it is still there.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:50 AM

Cool Playboy Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
The Chandelle Club

He's so fine

Wasn't the Petroleum Club also a revolving restaurant? I guess it is still there.
The Petroleum Club was or is located in the top floor of the chase tower (Liberty Tower)...Before that I remember it being the Playboy club....Back when Hugh had clubs like that one all over the US. My dad had a classic mug from that club(playboy bunny on it) and it was actually a really classy design and made to last a long time.....He gave it to me awile back. I loved it. WIFE broke the darn thing cleaning it about 3 months ago....purposefully or not?

Old 09-10-2007, 09:34 AM

Thumbs down Major problems with Mass Transit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
OkC is on a mission or something. They are constantly making everything bigger and better. It's quickly becoming the place to be. If they get light rail or something, that would triple everything they've already done. I hope that is in the plans.
OKC will be hosting the big 12 tournament again in 2009. What are people going to say when OKC has all this la de da da and NO rail system!! Thanks Inholfe...We already have a major rail system in place. It will be detroyed when I-44 will be relocated south(good for beautification but will destroy rails). Old rails even connect OKC to Tulsa. But since they are somewhat curvy(which is nice) the trains cant travel at a very high speed.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:15 AM

Interesting article on what happened to the Nikz..Looks like they moved and opened up a steakhouse.

Nikz founder opens new steakhouse (http://www.kfor.com/Global/story.asp?S=7393472 - broken link)

Last edited by happytown; 12-02-2007 at 10:22 AM..

Old 01-07-2008, 03:12 PM

2 posts, read 8,331 times
Smile Former Chandelle Club Assistant Manager

That is too funny! I did work at the Chandelle Club from 1972 to 1977 as the assistant manager. I also would seat the customers so I was the first one you met when you came to the restaurant. Back then it was a private club, the membership fees were around $150.00 a month just to be a member, you signed for the tickets at the end of the night, no cash was involved, a 15% tip was automatically added to each bill so you always would get great service. That was such a neat time for me, I actually turned 21 while working there, mt BD is Jauary 1st, so of course New Years Eve was always booked, with the live music, the dance floor packed, table side cooking, what a great memory. Too bad they don't bring it back to like it once was, it was fabulous back then.

Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
The Chandelle Club

He's so fine

Last edited by timjon; 01-07-2008 at 03:16 PM.. Reason: spelling error

Old 01-15-2008, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timjon View Post
That is too funny! I did work at the Chandelle Club from 1972 to 1977 as the assistant manager. I also would seat the customers so I was the first one you met when you came to the restaurant. Back then it was a private club, the membership fees were around $150.00 a month just to be a member, you signed for the tickets at the end of the night, no cash was involved, a 15% tip was automatically added to each bill so you always would get great service. That was such a neat time for me, I actually turned 21 while working there, mt BD is Jauary 1st, so of course New Years Eve was always booked, with the live music, the dance floor packed, table side cooking, what a great memory. Too bad they don't bring it back to like it once was, it was fabulous back then.

Tim
That is really cool...I didnt know it was a private club! The facility has actually been seriously upgraded, even the facade has changed colors to a silvery blue making it more up to date. Its turning into condos and the restaurant should be top notch.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:42 AM

2 posts, read 8,331 times
Smile Chandelle Club

I hope they do re-open the restaurant and bring it back to the way it was when I worked there. I went there when it was the Eagles Nest and Nikz and to me it had lost all of its elegance it had when I was there....Years ago when I went there they even had a mirror ball above the dance floor and were playing disco music, I almost got ill <g>

Remember the Brigadoon Supper Club on Grand Ave.? I was the Manager there also until 1981 and loved it too....

Last edited by timjon; 01-22-2008 at 07:44 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 04-15-2017, 11:28 AM

1 posts, read 1,194 times
Default Chandelle Club

I sang jazz at the Chandelle Club atop the Founders Tower back in the mid seventies with the Al Tell Orchestra. It was THE place to be with its revolving outer edge of the restaurant. The food was great, the music was smooth (if I do say so myself-LOL). The manager was Connie Riggs, a prince of a guy, and later a nice young gentleman by the name of Tim became the manager. It was a fun place to work and the view was breathtaking...especially at night. I'm not sure what they're doing now but I hope it has kept its class.
Tempe Brown
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City