Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2012, 09:29 AM

7 posts, read 23,808 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to move into the area to be close to work (OMRF). I'm trying to ask people at work what are good/bad areas and it seems to be a lot of confusion regarding the topic. A lot of people seem to have issues with most of the areas east of Lincoln. I'm basically looking at a 5 mile radius such that I can ride my bike to work when I want to. Drawing the lines around 30th, Penn, and, well... Lincoln unless someone can convince me otherwise. TIA for the input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2012, 10:06 AM

242 posts, read 764,809 times
The best areas are between Broadway, Classen, downtown, and 50th Street. This area is quite safe and lots of good housing options. Between 16th and 23rd over to Portland is also pretty good with some pockets that aren't as great. The best parts of this western area are Gatewood, Crestwood, and Linwood Place.

Since you're a cyclist- 19th street in the west area is a really good bike route with a nice median. In the more northern area, Shartel, Walker, and Robinson are all pretty good bike routes and you can cross 235 into the Medical District at 16th, 13th, or 10th Streets. 13th and 10th are 4-lane arterials that aren't too busy and 16th is a small street with almost no traffic.

Also note that if you can bike to 23rd Street, the buses have racks and route 23 is quite frequent (about every 25 minutes I think) and goes to 13th Street in the Medical District. gometro.org for detailed route.

Old 08-11-2012, 03:32 PM

17,778 posts, read 13,670,239 times
There is a small neighborhood called Lincoln Terrace that is between the state capital and OMRF that has old mansion style homes but that's about the onlty thing I can think of that is good east of Lincoln.

Old 08-11-2012, 11:09 PM

778 posts, read 2,321,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
There is a small neighborhood called Lincoln Terrace that is between the state capital and OMRF that has old mansion style homes but that's about the onlty thing I can think of that is good east of Lincoln.
I agree

Lincoln Terrance is a nice neighborhood adjacent to the Heath Science Center and one worth checking out if you want to bike to the OMRF building. Outside that area, most of the NE side east of Lincoln, south of 44 and west of 35 is a pretty challenged urban neighborhood.

Fortunately for you, if you are willing to bike as far as you say you will, then you have an abundance of great neighborhoods west of 235.

Are you looking for an apartment or condo? There are many great options in Deep Deuce which is due east of downtown. If I'm not mistaken there is two large apartment blocks under construction (Level and Maywood), so they may be done when you get here. I live in midtown which is just north of downtown. While not as gentrified as Deep Deuce its still a great place with many renovated apartment buildings and an increasing number of bars and restaurants. Midtown Renaissance is behind a lot of residential conversions. I don't live in one of their buildings (I'm actually in a owner occupied condo), but there's three within view of my living room and they are all high quality places. Here is their website: Midtown Renaissance OKC . Both areas have a large number of OUHSC employees.

If you are looking at houses, look at the historical neighborhoods like Heritage Hills, Mesta Park, Gatewood, and Edgemere Park (which starts right at NW 30th). There's also Jefferson Park and the Paseo areas, which may not be as refined as the other areas but are still worth checking out. Ounorman sums up the bike access points nicely. One word of caution: decent rentals, and even decent for-purchase properties, tend to go really fast in these areas.

Old 12-11-2014, 07:31 PM

3 posts, read 8,788 times
Hello,
I am looking for apartments to work at OMRF. How is Lincoln at Central Park apartments? Is the area safe and friendly? Are there any other good apartments you can suggest? I am relocating from PA. I don't want to live beyond 10-15 min drive from work.
Thanks

Old 12-11-2014, 07:33 PM

Hello,
I am looking for apartments to work at OMRF. How is Lincoln at Central Park apartments? Is the area safe and friendly? Are there any other good apartments you can suggest? I am relocating from PA. I don't want to live beyond 10-15 min drive from work.
Thanks

Old 12-18-2014, 10:09 AM

2 posts, read 4,581 times
How much are you looking to spend? Lincoln at Central Park are nice apts. If you want something more urban, I'd look in Deep Deuce. LEVEL, Maywood, Deep Deuce etc. They're also an easier drive/bike ride to OMRF.

Old 12-25-2014, 09:32 AM

588 posts, read 1,319,277 times
Deep Deuce. It's expensive but safe and a great area.

Old 01-02-2015, 07:13 PM

Thank you centralokcguy and Zachj7. I checked with Deep Deuce and Level, they look great but they are over my budget.. Any tips for settling down quickly in OKC? (weather, cost of living, shopping etc) Would be moving around Feb-March.

Old 01-03-2015, 08:11 AM

533 posts, read 1,710,580 times
Not sure the timing will work out for you as these may not be quite ready but thought I'd mention.

There are 2 new apartment complexes under construction in Moore: one north of Moore's SW 19th Street and east of Eagle Drive; and another south of Shoppes at Moore.

A lot of single family and duplex rentals in Moore might be coming available since a lot of reconstruction has been completed.

There's also a new apartment complex on Oklahoma City's SW 19th Street between Santa Fe and Western.

There's another couple of complexes near SW 104th and May Avenue. If you were that far you'd want to jump on I-44 to head downtown. These may not be ready either for your time.

Believe it or not the driving time to OMRF will not be longer than 30 minutes usually for any of these locations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City