Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 01:26 PM

43 posts, read 70,266 times

Advertisements

Where are the best BBQ places yall?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 01:32 PM

374 posts, read 806,938 times
So many to choose from. We are the BBQ state.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:17 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,503,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPDAWG11 View Post
Where are the best BBQ places yall?
Earl's.
Van's Pig Stand.
Jakes (in Chickasha)
Smokin' Joes (Davis)
Dink's (B-Ville)

There are many more. Those are some off the top of my head.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:09 PM

374 posts, read 806,938 times
I like Billy Sims in Edmond for fast BBQ

Old 04-21-2013, 03:41 PM

593 posts, read 1,795,000 times
My favorite is Swadley's. Their cream corn, green beans, sweet beans are wonderful. I also think their chicken fried steak is wonderful...I always get the sliced brisket and it's good....

Old 04-22-2013, 01:13 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,503,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Eyes View Post
My favorite is Swadley's. Their cream corn, green beans, sweet beans are wonderful. I also think their chicken fried steak is wonderful...I always get the sliced brisket and it's good....
I'm a fan of Swadley's too.

Punkin's in Paul's Valley is no slouch either.

I forgot to mention that the last time I ate at Earl's (Bricktown location) the ribs were not that good. I don't know what was going on that day, but it was below average. Hopefully, it was just an anomaly and not a trend.

Old 04-22-2013, 02:19 AM

778 posts, read 2,322,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
I'm a fan of Swadley's too.

Punkin's in Paul's Valley is no slouch either.

I forgot to mention that the last time I ate at Earl's (Bricktown location) the ribs were not that good. I don't know what was going on that day, but it was below average. Hopefully, it was just an anomaly and not a trend.
Mmmmm...Punkins. That place has some of the best ribs and catfis I've ever had.

Going to have to agree with you on Earls. I go to the Bricktown one as its the closest to my house and every time I go there, I am always like "ok,why did I go here when it wasn't anything special last time?" Their ribs are very bland and overpriced for what you get. If you are in downtown, work your way up to Iron Starr off of 36th. Much better IMO.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:42 PM

4,030 posts, read 10,762,350 times
I have to agree with you guys on Earl's in Bricktown. The last time we went there was before a Thunder game, and my food was so bad I threw it away and ended up eating at the arena.

Swadleys isn't bad. We've been to the one on Memorial. Nothing too memorable, but decent. I would go back. We recently tried Rudy's. I know its a chain, but we have always loved the one in College Station, TX, so we decided to give it a try here. It was not nearly as good as the one in CS. It was okay, but if that were the only time I'd ever eaten at one, I would probably not go back. I will give it another try however, since I know Rudy's can be very good.

Our quick standby is Steve's Ribs, although we never get the ribs. I like chopped beef if it's freshly chopped and has absolutely no fat in it. Too often places leave in too much fat and nastiness or when they put it in a crockpot full of bbq sauce and leave it there all day. Just gross. Steve's is always perfectly lean, and freshly chopped. There pulled pork is really good too.

We keep saying we're going to give Billy Sims a try, but every time we drive by there are no cars in the parking lot and that always makes me suspicious.

Old 04-24-2013, 01:06 PM

778 posts, read 2,322,573 times
^
Billy Simms is pretty good. Maybe just a few slow nights?

Old 04-24-2013, 01:22 PM

24,288 posts, read 13,139,168 times
Billy Sims is quite good, not hole-in-the-wall good but definitely worth trying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City