Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 06:18 PM

82 posts, read 111,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
Now where did I put that troll spray??? Oh there it is!

Make sure you open your mouth real wide before you release the spray from the compressed bottle into it.

" That 'ell do 'er! "

Old 05-06-2013, 06:20 PM

You liberals are all too funny. I sh*t on all of you.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:20 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,252,019 times
So on this thread you say you're married to the same lady for 42 years. Then on anothere you say you're a 30 year old white man. Which is it Jersey Boy?

Old 05-06-2013, 06:23 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,224,517 times
Quote:
So on this thread you say you're married to the same lady for 42 years. Then on anothere you say you're a 30 year old white man. Which is it Jersey Boy?
No no, that was another poster. He's just immature projecting all his insecurities at others trying to hide behind false bravado.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:

LOL..you guys are trolling WAY too hard!

Ya make mistakes when you do that....take a break why don't you..hahah

Pay closer attention...I was saying I -haven't been married to one woman for 42 years like the war vet liberal who was throwing grenades. He is the one you speak of.

It's funny, I come in here, make a post, and now I'm a troll...because wait...let's see...

-multiple people are attacking me, and I'm actually holding my own and defending my position

-multiple people are going back through my posts and trying to dig dirt to throw in my face and use against me..taking the time to do this

-trying to quote me and catch me up in this thread, but instead are poring over my words so hard, they are mistakenly assuming things as accurate when they have their accusations mixed up

and I'm the troll??? I see three very strong, very text-book, very literal trolls in this thread right now. Who are illustrating the very definition of the internet phrase "troll".

And you know what guys? Try as you might, you picked the wrong guy to troll.."because I can out think you, I can outlearn you, and I can outphilosophise you"

Old 05-06-2013, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swake View Post
No no, that was another poster. He's just immature projecting all his insecurities at others trying to hide behind false bravado.
I have no insecurities.

Rather you're just trying to superimpose that notion on the readers of the thread because you disagree with my position.

Hopefully most of them have the intellect to easily read that lifeless tactic for what it is and promptly discard it.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTimeLow99 View Post
And you know what guys? Try as you might, you picked the wrong guy to troll.."because I can out think you, I can outlearn you, and I can outphilosophise you"
The Philosophizing Personal Trainer. We've got a regular James Dalton here ladies and gentleman.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTimeLow99 View Post
I have no insecurities.

Rather you're just trying to superimpose that notion on the readers of the thread because you disagree with my position.

Hopefully most of them have the intellect to easily read that lifeless tactic for what it is and promptly discard it.
What position? All you have done is listed all the kinds of people and cities you hate. Oh, and how you want your women subservient. That's not giving your position on anything, it's just whining and wanting to be waited on.

Give us your opinion on something like quantitative easing or the income disparity and then we can talk argue your positions. So far all you have done is complain and insult most Americans.

Old 05-06-2013, 08:58 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
I think you would be happy if you moved to Russia. Homosexuality and liberalism is severly frowned upon there.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:11 PM

80 posts, read 247,277 times
Oklahoma is the reddest state, and therefore considered very conservative. But just like in most places across the country, large cities are where the less conservative and more liberal people tend to congregate. So, OKC is less conservative than some more rural areas. Not to say that OKC isn't conservative. Generally speaking, it is. I'm just saying that if you are looking for a place where you will be accepted for being a masculine man, then OKC is fine. If you are looking for a place where you will find fewer people with a liberal mindset , then live a little further out.

I'm from small town Oklahoma, and I never knew any openly gay, lesbian, effeminate, or androgynous people or really any openly liberal people of any kind until I went to college at OSU. Even then, that seemed like a rarity. I know society is changing. It doesn't mean I have to agree with the changes. I consider myself conservative. I was taught that a conservative by definition prefers the established, traditional way of doing things; whereas, a liberal wants to move forward and change things.

I have been reading the CD Oklahoma forums as a way to try and keep connected to my home state. I now live elsewhere because I moved for a job. It just disheartens me to keep seeing so many heated discussions where liberals and conservatives are pitted against each other. I don't expect either to back down. If they were willing to back down, then they'd probably be considered a moderate. And a moderate is the person that will likely be hated by both sides, and is therefore likely to keep his mouth shut.

Actually, I think most Oklahoma natives would probably rather steer clear of a controversial discussion like this one. By nature, most that I know prefer to avoid conflict. They are easy going, friendly people. They may tolerate things they disagree with, but it doesn't mean they like them.

It does seem like the OP expected a fight when he started this thread, but I'm not here to fight. Not sure why I'm posting. I just wanted to remind some who frequent these forums that there is room in Oklahoma for the OP, just as so many times it has been said that there is a place for the liberals. He will be welcomed, as long as he doesn't wear a chip on his shoulder. The New Jersey bluntness is not something you will find often in Oklahoma. It is unsettling for the conflict avoiding Oklahoma folks who you will want to befriend.

I think Oklahoma is still a place where the majority tends to remain silent. Just take a deep breath. Relax. And tell yourself that you will soon be in the reddest state in the country, and that is where you want to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City