Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2013, 09:23 AM

8 posts, read 15,344 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. I am relocating to Oklahoma for a job in Southwest OKC, off Western just south of the Crossroads Mall area. I was looking to rent in Moore, but obviously that is out now due to the recent tornado. I have been trying to find housing in North Norman, but those houses are all rented out too. I am going back and forth between Yukon and Edmond. I have family in south time Edmond, but am unsure of the commute time to SW OKC. Would the commute from Yukon be any better? It's about the same distance, but what is traffic like? Any other suggestions? I need good schools and am looking for an area with some culture, parks, etc. I have never been to Yukon so am not sure what to expect as far as the city. Am looking to move in the next month so any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Last edited by airtyme; 05-26-2013 at 09:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2013, 12:50 PM

11 posts, read 19,250 times
How about south OKC? Western/Penn/May and 104th/119th is really nice, affordable and very convenient to where you're going. I've been here for a while and feel like I've luckily found a perfect location. Nice surprises, this is an easy drive to the airport, quick drive to I-35 and a zip to downtown.

Old 05-27-2013, 07:29 PM

8 posts, read 15,344 times
Where would the schools be in south OKC? Would they be OKC schools or feed into Moore schools? I have to admit, I'm a little afraid of my kids going to school in Moore. I know the schools are very good, but I think my youngest would be scared to death at this point. What is Yukon or Mustang like? I've never been to either. Thank you!

Old 05-27-2013, 08:17 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,252,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airtyme View Post
Where would the schools be in south OKC? Would they be OKC schools or feed into Moore schools? I have to admit, I'm a little afraid of my kids going to school in Moore. I know the schools are very good, but I think my youngest would be scared to death at this point. What is Yukon or Mustang like? I've never been to either. Thank you!
Most of SW OKC below I-240 is Moore school district.

I haven't heard anything bad about Mustang or Yukon. You may also consider the Putnam City area of NW OKC.

Old 05-28-2013, 08:24 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,373,752 times
Here's your answer 10 Perfect Suburbs

I agree with ReLosAlot. The area she/he described in S. OKC is great. Mustang and Yukon are so overcrowded. Yukon has a new high school which is huge and beautiful. Google Image Result for http://texas.construction.com/images/2010/06/0601_41a.jpg

Old 05-30-2013, 11:46 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,689,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Here's your answer 10 Perfect Suburbs

I agree with ReLosAlot. The area she/he described in S. OKC is great. Mustang and Yukon are so overcrowded.?????? Yukon has a new high school which is huge and beautiful. Google Image Result for http://texas.construction.com/images/2010/06/0601_41a.jpg
Neither Yukon or Mustang is overcrowded. I'd pick those two areas before moving to south OKC.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:42 AM

4 posts, read 10,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airtyme View Post
South of 89th Street will feed into Moore Public Schools, which honestly is actually a good thing. THE MPS system has some of the best teachers, and the AP Program at the high schools is top-notch. I was a Westmoore High School graduate and earned 48 hours of college credit before I graduated.

And the system extends into OKC, that is, you won't be driving into moore to go to the schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City