Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2013, 07:11 AM

2 posts, read 4,331 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'll be traveling through Oklahoma City in a couple of weeks. I'd like to know the hotel situation in light of the recent tornadoes. Is there a room shortage right now, are the rooms being price gouged, etc. Also, are the interstates OK or were any of them torn up. Thanks for any help you can give.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 03:25 PM

498 posts, read 1,606,256 times
At this point I have no information regarding a shortage of rooms, but the price gouging law is in effect in Oklahoma, so if a hotel/motel in Oklahoma is price gouging, alert the state better business bureau as they are breaking the law.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:41 PM

4,030 posts, read 10,763,494 times
I have no direct knowledge of hotel shortages, but it would probably have to do with the part of town you are planning on being in. I suspect that if you were on the far north side, you will probably be able to find a room. There are plenty out there along Memorial/Kilpatrick Turnpike. I'm sure the closer you get to Moore and South OKC, the harder it would be to find one.

The roads are fine. The only problem you might incur would be a traffic jam along I35 through Moore because everyone stops or slows down to look at the damage which can been seen from the road. I drove through there on Saturday morning and it was only a few cars tapping their brakes as they drove through. I came back through there on Sunday afternoon and traffic was backed up because of all the people looking at the damage.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:36 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,922,581 times
Same question, I'm going to be in Pauls Valley for a few days in a couple weeks...how things looking?

Old 06-05-2013, 01:06 PM

778 posts, read 2,322,787 times
I've been out of town for a few days, but last I heard most people who were displaced have transitioned from hotels to more permanent housing.

Just to be safe, I would hedge my bets against any motels between 240 and Norman, just due to the large amount of aid workers, insurance adjusters, construction workers, etc. who are still in town.

Pauls Valley should be fine as it's really not commutable to OKC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City