Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2013, 02:15 PM

249 posts, read 443,857 times

Advertisements

So Obviously there's only a handful of posters in here contributing and posting regularly, but hopefully some folks from other forums will see this in here and stop in, and give their impression of the Single Women scene in the OKC Proper.

Now of COURSE, women in every city have varying tastes in clothing, differing attitudes, different physical characteristics etc, but speaking in the broad sense, what kinds of things did you notice more as a rule rather than exception that many of the little bunnies in OKC have in common?

Also please mention if you live in OKC or have just visited/stayed there a few times.

---

Some things to consider and comment on(specifically single women you talked to in your casual travels around the city, but you can also speak for all women in general - apply this to each factor):

- Their attitudes.

How friendly were they to you, the single man, when you approached and talked to them? Describe the personalities you've dealt with. Flirty? Reserved/Shy? Wild? Nerdy? Bad-girl type?

- Their physical looks.

Did you or do you find that the women of OKC are lookers for the most part or did you find them not physically attractive compared to your home city or other places you've been? Pretty faces? Fit bodies? Uglies? Fatties? Etcetera.

- Their attire.

Do many OKC women dress in a naughty or suggestive sense or is it too conservative a town to see that sexy-dressed gal walking down the street? Hookers and prostitutes are obviously discluded from this feedback so no need to mention them as they will look and act the same in just about any city. Lots of dresses? T-shirts? Leggings? Skirts? Jeans? Do many of them wear high heels or do the country gals just like to keep it simple in plain flats? Stockings? Do many of them wear make-up in their day-to-day? More or less? Just throwing some guidelines out here for properly detailed feedback

- Availability.

Did you notice many single women around or were most married? A longstanding stereotype I've seen and heard about all women in OKC over 23 being married or divorced with kids. Did you find this to be the case on your visit to OKC?

We don't see too many threads go up in here, so I thought I'd throw this baby up to keep it moving 'roun' these here parts. Something I'm curious about, and hopefully we'll get some out-of-towners opinions as well as the usual suspects who are local and post in here regularly.

Thanks all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2013, 06:20 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Don't get your first impressions of women by going to Wal-Mart.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:18 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,339,311 times
The Fine, Fine Women of Oklahoma are all the things you mentioned and much more.

They aren't some homogenous race.

I spent a lot of my dating life in Oklahoma and I've been lucky to be with girls who were really natural, down-home types from rural areas, just sweet as a peach (but don't disrespect 'em!) as well as punk rock scenester hip girls and everything in between. All the OK ladies I've had the privilege to spend time with have been interesting, intelligent and very kind.

And as far as I'm concerned, Oklahoma has more beautiful women of all shapes, sizes and colors per capita than any other state I've spent time in (and that's a lot of states.)

I tell you though, most of the ones I knew in that way wouldn't hesitate to flip me over and spank my butt if they thought I needed it. That's just another point in their favor.

Old 06-28-2013, 07:46 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,795,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
And as far as I'm concerned, Oklahoma has more beautiful women of all shapes, sizes and colors per capita than any other state I've spent time in (and that's a lot of states.)
You clearly need to get out more. I haven't been all over the state, but I've seen the fewest attractive women here of any place I've ever been except Alabama. Granted, I'm picky, but the obesity here is pretty bad, and I see very few women who both take care of themselves and dress well. They may until they get married at 23, but once married and divorced, its all downhill. OK, that may be a slight exaggeration, but it sure seems that way. My biggest gripe is the getting married so young part. Whats the rush???

Old 06-28-2013, 08:35 PM

All I can say to the above thread is... " dang ".

Old 06-29-2013, 08:14 AM

80 posts, read 247,635 times
It has been my experience that every state I've lived in or visited had many attractive women and also many who were less attractive. It depends on where you go, what time of day you are there, what activities you are involved in, etc. If you spend your time observing the average folks by sitting someplace where everyone goes, like the grocery store, you will see all kinds, with the average person tending toward average looks of course. Average looks don't turn people like Atlguy39 on because by his own definition, he is "picky". If you visit some place where people who are likely to visit are younger or more physically active, such as a fitness club, a beach, a college, etc, then you may find more who are above average.

Beauty is a fleeting thing for most people. As we age, the average person does gain weight, wrinkles, loses the shine in their hair, maybe even grays, etc. If you wanted to ensure you found an attractive women of your very own, maybe you should have adopted the strategy you question of marrying young.

As for why women want to marry young, I would say it's not really to ensure they find a handsome man. It's more likely that they are just anxious to have a family. That is their expectation from life. Getting married and having kids is what they believe the purpose of life to be. If you are older and still expecting women to hang around and just date, kind of like being in limbo in their eyes, then you don't understand family oriented women. If a woman is over 30 her chances of having a healthy child go down pretty rapidly as the years pass. By 40, they may have a real problem. If you find a woman who doesn't want kids, then I wonder exactly what their motives and their character is like.

Old 06-29-2013, 09:56 AM

^^^^Well thank you for such an illuminating lecture. Not.

I'm a grown man and don't need to have these obvious things explained to me. The OP was for novelty's sake, and just to have a bit of fun in the OK forum. Sheesh.

Thank you for answering -none- of the questions originally posed in this "informative" thread about the many perty little thangs in OKC.

------------------------
Griffis, great response, thanks.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:28 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,448,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
You clearly need to get out more. I haven't been all over the state, but I've seen the fewest attractive women here of any place I've ever been except Alabama. Granted, I'm picky, but the obesity here is pretty bad, and I see very few women who both take care of themselves and dress well. They may until they get married at 23, but once married and divorced, its all downhill. OK, that may be a slight exaggeration, but it sure seems that way. My biggest gripe is the getting married so young part. Whats the rush???
I lived in OKC nearly 30 years and enjoyed it so much. I've noticed you are very critical of OKC when the opportunity presents. Since you've lived there only 9mos, may I ask where you are from? In another post you say you were desperate for a job after being without one for two years and were pleased to be hired for this good job in OKC. How does your employer react to your complaints? Do they agree that OKC is a horrible place? During the many years of being single, I often noticed there were far more quality single women than men. In another thread you mention having trouble approaching women. Is that only in Oklahoma?

Old 07-01-2013, 06:44 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,795,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
I lived in OKC nearly 30 years and enjoyed it so much. I've noticed you are very critical of OKC when the opportunity presents. Since you've lived there only 9mos, may I ask where you are from? In another post you say you were desperate for a job after being without one for two years and were pleased to be hired for this good job in OKC. How does your employer react to your complaints? Do they agree that OKC is a horrible place? During the many years of being single, I often noticed there were far more quality single women than men. In another thread you mention having trouble approaching women. Is that only in Oklahoma?
I'm frustrated with my personal life here. I don't like the weather either. I'm from Atlanta, so this is very different. My employer will never hear me complain because that would not be a smart thing for me to do. I love my company. I may try to work remotely in a year or so and move to Texas if things don't change. As for approaching women, I've never been great at that, but still dated a lot. I just can't meet them in bars, grocery store , or gym. Those are the only places I go other than work in OKC. Can't date anyone from work. I'm just not the type of guy to approach people I don't know. Therefore, I've relied on internet dating and thats been a nightmare here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City