Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 06:32 PM

35 posts, read 208,057 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I have been doing some due diligence on OKC, as much as can be done from the web and wanted to reach out to the forum for further suggestions/advice.

I am 37 years old,single, presently live in NY and I am considering trading in my rental here in NY for one in OKC.
I have no significant other.

It seems the cost of living would be a nice upgrade.
How are the salaries in OKC. MY backgorund is in consulting and sales?

What can I get a one bedroom for in a reasonably nice area with single women?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2007, 07:13 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,757,493 times
Cost of living is great in Oklahoma. Salaries are way lower compared to the national avg. Rental trade? Explain. Sales do great in OKC.
Bricktown is probably where you would like to live. A lot of single women in the party scene if that is what you are looking for...links....
http://www.bricktownokc.org/p/10847/Default.aspx
Singles forum....
Oklahoma City Singles Lounge - OKCTalk (http://www.okctalk.com/oklahoma-city-singles-lounge/ - broken link) - 82k -

Old 11-25-2007, 07:23 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,619,010 times
The salaries in OKC will be lower than in NY, but I think you get more for your money here.

For a single guy, I would look first in NW OKC. I think you can get a nice 1 bed apartment for about $500-600. There are more expensive and less expensive available. Here is a link to the classifieds: Apts - OKC NW(37 listed)

I think the single women are spread out pretty evenly around town.

Old 11-25-2007, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytown View Post
Cost of living is great in Oklahoma. Salaries are way lower compared to the national avg. Rental trade? Explain. Sales do great in OKC.
Bricktown is probably where you would like to live. A lot of single women in the party scene if that is what you are looking for...links....
http://www.bricktownokc.org/p/10847/Default.aspx
Singles forum....
Oklahoma City Singles Lounge - OKCTalk (http://www.okctalk.com/oklahoma-city-singles-lounge/ - broken link) - 82k -
Thanks for the feedback, i just meant it figuratively.
In other words instead of renting in NY I will rent in OKC.
Sounds like (speaking very modestly), you can live like a king on 50k a year, relatively speaking.. is that right?

Old 11-25-2007, 09:51 PM

Live like a king? Literally speaking no. But figuratively it all depends on how you think a king lives...Its subjective. Making 50 would put you above the median income which is just under 38 which is higher than the state avg. of 37. You can find all of this in city data for all cities in Oklahoma. Oklahoma isnt like Mexico where you can be fed grapes, by slaves, for a buck per day. 50 could make it where you could probably pay on a 125mortgage and live decently. Im sure thats better in comparison to NY for what you can get.

Old 11-26-2007, 03:31 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,915,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doceddie View Post
Thanks for the feedback, i just meant it figuratively.
In other words instead of renting in NY I will rent in OKC.
Sounds like (speaking very modestly), you can live like a king on 50k a year, relatively speaking.. is that right?
I think that a single person on 50K would do quite well. I suppose it all comes down to what you mean by "living like a king." I know that I could live very well on 50K a year if I were single in OkC. I know so because I support a family of three in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and I make more than that, but not twice that much.

Old 11-26-2007, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I think that a single person on 50K would do quite well. I suppose it all comes down to what you mean by "living like a king." I know that I could live very well on 50K a year if I were single in OkC. I know so because I support a family of three in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and I make more than that, but not twice that much.
Thanks guys.

Now anyone familar with companies that are presently in need of an experienced salesperson? If you know of any good resources for jobs in OKC other than Monster, etc
Thanks again :-)

Old 11-26-2007, 07:27 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,915,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doceddie View Post
Thanks guys.

Now anyone familar with companies that are presently in need of an experienced salesperson? If you know of any good resources for jobs in OKC other than Monster, etc
Thanks again :-)
Try the Daily Oklahoman, it's the newspaper for the city and much of the state. I'm sure their classifieds would list jobs in the area.

What kind of sales and consulting?

Old 11-26-2007, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Try the Daily Oklahoman, it's the newspaper for the city and much of the state. I'm sure their classifieds would list jobs in the area.

What kind of sales and consulting?
transactional sales and consultative sales.
Outsourcing services, websites, collection services to name a few.
Business Process Improvment consulting.

Thank you.

Old 11-26-2007, 08:01 AM

Doceddie- ample amount of sales in OKC. Realtors make a lot of money in OKC. Simple reason....Tons of homes to sell. I have known or heard about many people that actually quite professional jobs to become a realtor. The money is so good. Thats something to think about. It can range from 50 to 300...all depends on how hard you work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City