Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 12:44 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,223,683 times

Advertisements

1. I don't know what poll you are talking about
2. I'm not gay, but I do support gay rights. If that annoys bigots, good.
3. This site is supposed to be about helping people with questions about areas, if you want to call that "pimping out" the problem is yours.
4. I don't "rag" on Christian conservatives so long as they don't attempt to force their beliefs on others. I know many Christian conservatives, they are my friends and relatives and I have no problem with them at all. You seem to have a problem with anyone who is NOT a Christian conservative.
5. I have no reason to whine about grocery stores. Within a 10-15 minute drive from my house I have a Whole Foods, Green Acres, two Reasors, two Targets, three Wal-Mart, The Fresh Market, Sprouts, Akins and Aldi along with a Hispanic market, two Asian markets, an Indian market and a German market.
6. The Democratic Party in Oklahoma barely exists and I am certainly no "operative".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2014, 01:27 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,503,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Eyes View Post
My ancestors have been in this country since the 1600's...I am an American and can live anywhere I want!

Maybe you should stand at the border leaving TX into OK and hand out a list of what you expect when people move here:

1. Must be a Sooner Fan

2. Remove that California license plate, ASAP...The sight of it makes us use our middle fingers..
Well, definitely #1.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:29 PM

588 posts, read 1,319,612 times
For those coming to Oklahoma, most are not like this guy. We are generally a welcoming crowd and welcome people from all backgrounds.

Old 02-27-2014, 05:29 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,334,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachj7 View Post
For those coming to Oklahoma, most are not like this guy. We are generally a welcoming crowd and welcome people from all backgrounds.
Hear, hear. Well spoken.

Old 03-02-2014, 02:37 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,334,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnspecial View Post
How arrogant to assume you opinion is mainstream and want anyone with a different view silenced.
Wow. The Irony Meter just had a meltdown.

Old 03-06-2014, 03:23 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,191,933 times
OK Folks..

I need you to report bad/troll posts. I have cleaned this up with the hope that you can be helpful to the original poster and answer their questions.

NO ONE is allowed to tell you to stop posting. Hijacking a thread is also not allowed.

Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. Please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards. Insulting another member or a moderator will not be tolerated anywhere on this website. This includes Direct Messages and Reputation Comments.

Our opinions on a location or issue are just that, opinions. Highly subjective. Personal preferences. Quirks, even. Leave wiggle room for dialogue, others may not see things the same as you, or been there as long as you, and any one of us can be wrong. Pouncing on someone you disagree with runs contrary to the spirit of this board and its members. We are here to help each other.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:57 PM

6 posts, read 12,416 times
The paseo is the art district and is very diverse and historic but i would recommend some place like edmond, or the village/Nicholas hills they are the "rich neighborhoods". DONT LIVE IN BETHANY while bethany has nice places and in parts is very safe the water quality is horrendous my family had to purchase shower filters because we started breaking out in rashes and our skin was burning from the water. We have lived in bethany for 15 years and the water has always sucked but it took a nose dive about 11/2yrs ago into the virtually toxic. Plus the schools don't seem to be that great either. As far as storm shelters go do in ground you cannot go wrong with in ground especially since the tornadoes here get VERY strong. Also since you have a baby i highly recommend becoming part of the early birds program it a wonderful free program for parents of young children that helps you nurture and develope your child's mind with free development classes and mind and creative play stimulating toys

Old 04-25-2014, 10:47 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKCtoDFW2016 View Post
Tulsa's streets are laid out similar to OKC's. The major arteries form mile grids. Tulsa is significantly less sprawled though. People who think Tulsa is hard to navigate should try finding their way around Atlanta or the DC area.
Did they ever get finished with redoing I-244 by downtown Tulsa?

Old 04-28-2014, 08:34 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,251,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Did they ever get finished with redoing I-244 by downtown Tulsa?
No

Old 09-15-2014, 07:42 AM

2 posts, read 3,085 times
There are some gorgeous old homes in the areas just north of downtown OKC, but you would need to be very selective in where and the condition of the home you would consider. Stay away from the areas around the Capital complex, as they have become very run down and taken over by crime, sporadically.

If you are working around the Tinker area, I would consider Choctaw or Jones. Small, rural towns with a sense of safety for your family. If you are more about getting around the more "historic" areas, Paseo, Nichols Hills (old oil money), and Crown Heights are okay, but again, well worn and spotty in terms of crime.

Good luck and welcome to our great state!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City