Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2014, 07:29 PM

3 posts, read 2,522 times

Advertisements

I moved from the east coast to Yukon almost two years ago, and although I love where I currently live, management has raised my rent enough that I am seriously considering a move. I live in what is basically the size of a closet, and I feel like I could find something bigger for what they want to charge me now.

Though I am familiar with the general OKC area, I have no clue where to look when it comes to finding a new place to call home. I am looking for some suggestions, especially based from personal experience.

I work in the city, but I don't mind a little bit of a drive, so long as I'm not sitting in the car for an unreasonable amount of time. I am looking for a one-bedroom place, though I have no preference on whether it is an apartment, condo, town home, etc. In-unit washer and dryer are a must, and I want to make sure the complex and neighborhood are safe enough that a young female like me won't feel frightened to walk to and from her car at night. Maybe around $650/mo.

So what do you guys think? Where are some good places to live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2014, 07:52 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,410,130 times
Not recently, but there have been several places posted that I looked at the websites and seems to me they were on the far west side of the city, Rockwell or Council Road. You might check the titles of past threads if no one responds.

Old 05-16-2014, 01:59 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,647,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Not recently, but there have been several places posted that I looked at the websites and seems to me they were on the far west side of the city, Rockwell or Council Road. You might check the titles of past threads if no one responds.
Make sure you go north of Hefner Road if you're considering an apartment on either Rockwell or Council.

Old 05-16-2014, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Make sure you go north of Hefner Road if you're considering an apartment on either Rockwell or Council.

Good advice, thanks.

Old 05-16-2014, 12:48 PM

778 posts, read 2,317,536 times
Could you bump up your price range to the low $700 range? If so, there are plenty of options near Quail Springs Mall. Make sure you stay north of Memorial or west of May though. Nice places near there plus you are close to lots of restaraunts and shopping, way more options than in Yukon. You didn't say where you work but up there you have access to 3 inbound highways into the city (Broadway, Hefner Pkwy, 35).

Old 05-17-2014, 09:21 AM

It's a possibility. I'll have to check those out. I work in Midtown, so easy access to downtown is a must. Thanks for the street recommendations--that makes my search much easier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
View detailed profiles of: