Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 04:04 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,616,597 times

Advertisements

I took these the same day I took the foggy east Edmond pictures.

Almost to downtown. This is the Funky Hair Ranch.

Where to park?

Edmond Planning Commission, about 1 block off Broadway.

Edmond has put in a lot of art.

These awnings are nice to keep the rain and sun off you.

They redid the sidewalks and added benches and landscaping a few years ago.

The Friendly Barbershop

Clothing store

Mother and child

Trolley bus

Innocence

Fun to look in all the store windows

Storytime

It is a nice place to take your kids

I'm cold enough now. Back to my truck parked in the government section.

Leaving Downtown and heading to west Edmond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2007, 04:24 AM

Retail along Edmond Road.

Copperfield is a popular development. Next few pics are all Copperfield

Edmond has some damage from the ice storm. Looks like a pear tree.

Across the bridge is the community pool. It is for the people in the community only. The Association dues keep the pool maintained.

I think we are in Kelly Park now.

For your pickup and ice storm needs

More retail. This is 33rd & Broadway

If you want to see all the Edmond pics, go here:
Edmond (Set) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/11441121@N04/sets/72157603474949854/ - broken link)

Old 12-18-2007, 08:11 AM

1,586 posts, read 6,756,289 times
Really nice pics Peggy....Especially the retail showing some of Edmonds older buildings

Old 12-18-2007, 09:00 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,907,540 times
Those are the best pics yet!

Old 12-18-2007, 09:58 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,786,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Those are the best pics yet!
Really great pictures, Peggy. The ones of NW OKC reminded me of Philadelphia, and the ones here of downtown Edmond remind me quite a bit of Princeton Township.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:01 AM

593 posts, read 1,794,391 times
Those are good shots of downtown. Was this early in the morning? Not too many people on the streets and was just curious. Here in Ca. you have a lot of foot traffic in the downtown areas...And, so many cars that finding a parking space takes forever!

Looking forward to the newer developments in East Edmond and it's surrounding areas. You're doing a fine job of giving us an idea of what the area looks like. Thanks..

http://lc.mw.com.ec9.net/cc/lc/c5/c57fe64484799efde2cb611d82bf303f.gif (broken link)

Old 12-18-2007, 05:20 PM

This was about 10:30 a.m. on Friday, a day with heavy fog. There weren't many parking places available so I think there were people down there. It was quite cold for Oklahoma, so most of the people wouldn't be outside longer than to walk to their destination. Probably would see more foot traffic/people outside on a nicer sunny day, but wouldn't be on the scale of California.

I would think more people would have been at the large malls, which are enclosed. I wouldn't drive near the big malls at this time of year because I do not like that much traffic. I do internet shopping, for the most part.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:50 PM

593 posts, read 1,794,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
This was about 10:30 a.m. on Friday, a day with heavy fog. There weren't many parking places available so I think there were people down there. It was quite cold for Oklahoma, so most of the people wouldn't be outside longer than to walk to their destination. Probably would see more foot traffic/people outside on a nicer sunny day, but wouldn't be on the scale of California.

I would think more people would have been at the large malls, which are enclosed. I wouldn't drive near the big malls at this time of year because I do not like that much traffic. I do internet shopping, for the most part.
Peggy~~I was curious about the patio's we've seen back there. Most of them are so small, more like a porch. Is this the norm on new homes? I guess the weather being different than here in Ca. might be the reason. We can pretty much entertain all year long here. Seemed like every house we looked at, had porches no wider than 6 feet across...Now here's another dumb question..The glass storm doors on all the front doors. We don't have them here and was wondering just how they benefit?? I asked a realtor that when we were back there and he gave me some lame explanation that Oklahoman's are friendly and like to see out...I knew they were storm doors, guess he thought I was Ca. stupid..LOL

Old 12-18-2007, 08:38 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,786,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Eyes View Post
Peggy~~I was curious about the patio's we've seen back there. Most of them are so small, more like a porch. Is this the norm on new homes? I guess the weather being different than here in Ca. might be the reason. We can pretty much entertain all year long here. Seemed like every house we looked at, had porches no wider than 6 feet across...Now here's another dumb question..The glass storm doors on all the front doors. We don't have them here and was wondering just how they benefit?? I asked a realtor that when we were back there and he gave me some lame explanation that Oklahoman's are friendly and like to see out...I knew they were storm doors, guess he thought I was Ca. stupid..LOL
We have storm doors here in NJ also. We find the benefit is it keeps the heat in, and the cold out. Also, I open my regular front door every day, and with the window on the storm door, I can see out, so the answer your realtor gave you wasn't too far off the mark.

Old 12-19-2007, 07:26 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,430,479 times
[quote=colleeng47;2288452]We have storm doors here in NJ also. We find the benefit is it keeps the heat in, and the cold out. Also, I open my regular front door every day, and with the window on the storm door, I can see out, so the answer your realtor gave you wasn't too far off the mark.[/QUOTE

Yes, we have the same type of glass doors up here in So. Dak., too. I didn't realize that some areas of the country don't have them. That sun shining in to those glass doors can really heat up your home and cut down on the heat bill. We have a bay window, deck door, and glass front door along with several windows. Even at 50 degrees, our house can warm up enough that the furnace can stay of until evening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City