Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2015, 03:06 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,250,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Wow. Why do you continually put down other people? Your unhappiness is your doing. No one minds you being unhappy here, but you love to insult people you don't even know and never will. You should learn to take responsibility for your life. Anyway, continue to lash out if that makes you happy.
Oklahoma is not for everybody, usually when I hear folks complaining I try to see what it is we can do to make our city more inviting. Alantaguy don't seem like he is a troll. Are there many places like the Blue Dome, Brady, East village, cherry st or Brookside in the OKC area? I'm asking this honestly, because it's been years since I live in Oklahoma City. It's also it seems the young people really take on an active lifestyle in Tulsa. If you go to Guthrie Green you will see young people with a guitar or other musical instrument just playing it, and having your own little concert. People who don't even know each other gather around and sit and and enjoy music. A lot of the coffee shops here are designed to look like a living room, with couches and recliners and all kinds of older ecliptic looking furniture. So you have a lot of folks to sit around and visit with each other. The Phoenix, in the Pearl District, is a bar/bagel shop/coffee shop/library! It's a great place to meet other people.

A lot of people spend their time riding their bike or jogging down at River Parks. Or at turkey mountain, they have one of the best urban mountain bike trail systems. A lot of young folks from here will go up to Grand lake on the weekend. It's different than most lakes in Oklahoma, it is Tulsa's playground.

I guess I'm just wondering is there any place in Oklahoma City for young people congregate? I'm thinking that's where Atlanta guy needs to go and check out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2015, 03:28 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,250,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
I was in Tulsa last weekend. Went to a winery nearby and a couple of nice restaurants. I was only there one day, so didn't see too much, but seems like a better town than OKC from the little I did see.

I'm going to stop responding to people on this thread who put me down. I realize its what they want and they can't understand how in the world anyone wouldn't like OKC.
I hope you don't think I was putting you down, I was joking about the Tulsa Eagle, it's a gay Levi and Leather bar! I was just saying you would be popular there! LOL

But I do understand where you are coming from, from what I can remember when I lived in OKC, everything was so spread out, with the exception of the gay bars, they pretty much are all on NW39th. That maybe different now. The entrainment districts need to be closer together.

Old 06-28-2015, 03:57 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,790,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
I hope you don't think I was putting you down, I was joking about the Tulsa Eagle, it's a gay Levi and Leather bar! I was just saying you would be popular there! LOL

But I do understand where you are coming from, from what I can remember when I lived in OKC, everything was so spread out, with the exception of the gay bars, they pretty much are all on NW39th. That maybe different now. The entrainment districts need to be closer together.
Haha! Good Lord, I had a feeling there was a joke I was missing. But since everyone here thinks I'm a jerk, just went with it.

The Midtown area has gotten good. There's a few bars/restaurants there that are very nice. The crowd might be too young for me though (The Packard roof, for example) and I don't really like going to bars all the time anyway.

Old 06-28-2015, 04:31 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,501,419 times
Quote:
No such luck yet, but once it happens I'll celebrate being away from all the unwelcoming, arrogant Okies.

Guilty as charged! I've won The Most Unwelcoming, Arrogant Okie Award on this forum seven years runnin'! GP, Okie, and Redbird have given me a run for my money but they're softies/amateurs compared to my hubris.

Nah, seriously, we actually do wish you the best, ATLDude. Blessings on your next adventure.

What us ol' surly Okies take exception to are grown men (and a few bitter women here and there) complaining about trivialities. There are people with cancer, folks with dying children, people suffering from a physical malady/injury, folks strung out on the street, people in real financial crisis, etc. who are living the struggle day in and day out. Hard to stomach an adult grumbling about his/her city when weighed against the seriousness and nitty-gritty of life.

Again, I do hope you find what you're looking for. But heed my warning, do not move to Fort Worth. Fort Worth/Tulsa (and then probably Amarillo) are the two towns which are most like OKC. They say insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Don't move to a town very similar to OKC and then expect it to be different. Shoot for the stars. Head out west to LA or get a highrise in New York City.

Cheers ATLDude. I'll drink (Rubi's shot of tequila?) to you having better days.

Old 06-28-2015, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
Tequila makes her clothes fall off...
That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

Old 06-28-2015, 04:34 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,438,426 times
I'm not looking for a reaction due to what I post. I think there may be plenty of people who are in OKC and wish they were somewhere else. The difference is they aren't in this forum bellyaching to Oklahomans about their misery. I know this isn't the first place Atlguy has lived that he doesn't like and it won't be the last. If he isn't a malcontent, he SOUNDS like one. People carry their happiness or unhappiness within and it's obvious which one he carries. He says otherwise, but that's not what his posts say. I pity him, but it's so tiresome reading about his misery. I got it the first time, but it's been repeated over and over and over again.

Old 06-28-2015, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
And it's so embarrassing! I've been wondering why it happens. Fortunately, it's only been when other women are present. Hic!
>>>>>>
And it's so embarrassing!
<<<<<<

>>>>>>
Fortunately, it's only been when other women are present.
<<<<<<

Old 06-29-2015, 10:56 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,532,523 times
Quote:

I'm going to stop responding to people on this thread who put me down. I realize its what they want and they can't understand how in the world anyone wouldn't like OKC.
Once again, you are posting false claims. Anyone can understand how a person would not like living in OKC or any other city for that matter. You just don't want to better your life situation and instead continue to rail against Oklahoma, like it is Oklahoma's fault that you are unhappy.

Your problem is you consistently refuse the simple solution of MOVE OUT and keep crying that you cannot move. Be a man. Take responsibility for your life. Maybe move in with bchris??!!

I was in the same boat in Texas after graduating college. I could have remained in Texas and keep posting over and over how horrible Texans and Texas was, or I could move out. I chose to find another job that paid more and I left TX. You refuse to move out and instead cry, cry, and cry some more.

Old 06-29-2015, 11:09 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,790,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Once again, you are posting false claims. Anyone can understand how a person would not like living in OKC or any other city for that matter. You just don't want to better your life situation and instead continue to rail against Oklahoma, like it is Oklahoma's fault that you are unhappy.

Your problem is you consistently refuse the simple solution of MOVE OUT and keep crying that you cannot move. Be a man. Take responsibility for your life. Maybe move in with bchris??!!

I was in the same boat in Texas after graduating college. I could have remained in Texas and keep posting over and over how horrible Texans and Texas was, or I could move out. I chose to find another job that paid more and I left TX. You refuse to move out and instead cry, cry, and cry some more.
You don't know me, my industry, or details of my situation, so quit making these assumptions.

Old 06-29-2015, 11:18 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,532,523 times
Quote:
You don't know me, my industry, or details of my situation, so quit making these assumptions.
You have already posted your situation and details. It is not an assumption when you yourself have posted your situation.

Sorry, you cannot justify your unhappiness by saying NO ONE in Oklahoma can understand why you don't like it in OKC. You are the ONLY HUMAN being in existence with the ability to understand it. Wrong.

BTW, I thought you were not going to respond to posts from meanies?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City