Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2008, 08:54 AM

1,586 posts, read 6,757,750 times

Advertisements

Nameless- Tulsa has 4 of the states tallest buildings but they were not built in the 20's or 30s'. OKC has the tallest OLDEST skyscrapers with First National and City Place. Period. Tulsa vs OKC....Lay it to rest.

OKC doesnt have the nicest skyline....I would say it is average considering all the data.

Indy and KC...WOW...They have metros that trump OKC. The rest is personal preference. But again the other cities mentioned do not have OLD skyscrapers.
This thread was about showing pics of OKC, but of course someone has to come in and belittle in some way or another.

Last edited by happytown; 01-14-2008 at 09:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2008, 09:05 AM

1,355 posts, read 4,185,637 times
2 million each compared to 1.2....Ok, maybe a bit of a stretch. KC has something like a ridiculous 15 counties in their MSA. I've been all over KC and 6 of those counties are highly if not entirely rural.

My post basically made no sense though cause if KC and Indy trump us then we trump Des Moines and Louisville. So yeah, enough of my comparisons

Old 01-14-2008, 04:20 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,740,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
2 million each compared to 1.2....Ok, maybe a bit of a stretch. KC has something like a ridiculous 15 counties in their MSA. I've been all over KC and 6 of those counties are highly if not entirely rural.

My post basically made no sense though cause if KC and Indy trump us then we trump Des Moines and Louisville. So yeah, enough of my comparisons
Nope. Louisville is larger than OKC by any comparison. Des Moines is a much smaller city. Note I link Wikipedia, but their source is STRAIGHT from the Us Census:

Table of United States Metropolitan Statistical Areas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Louisville is a larger city, metro area, and consolidated statistical area than OKC. It feels that way too, althiugh metro area wise they are becoming similar in size, Louisville feels like a much denser and older city (because it is).

Old 01-14-2008, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stx12499 View Post
Nope. Louisville is larger than OKC by any comparison. Des Moines is a much smaller city. Note I link Wikipedia, but their source is STRAIGHT from the Us Census:

Table of United States Metropolitan Statistical Areas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Louisville is a larger city, metro area, and consolidated statistical area than OKC. It feels that way too, althiugh metro area wise they are becoming similar in size, Louisville feels like a much denser and older city (because it is).
Wow...I have always wondered why Louisville doesnt have a major league team ect. especially considering its obviously older.
Havent you been on here before saying the same thing? Nameless prob looked on the city data stats and got confused like I did as I recall.

Louisville, Kentucky (KY) (pop. 256,231)

Anyway Louisville is probably a grand city and sounds like a place I would like to visit; Props to Louisville. Take care

Old 01-14-2008, 04:42 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,740,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happytown View Post
Wow...I have always wondered why Louisville doesnt have a major league team ect. especially considering its obviously older.
Havent you been on here before saying the same thing? Nameless prob looked on the city data stats and got confused like I did as I recall.
Anyway Louisville is probably a grand city and sounds like a place I would like to visit; Props to Louisville. Take care
Yeah, the citydata stats are wrong We'll have to fix that huh? I think Louisville and OKC would be in stiff competition for an NBA team. Both cities would be good choices, although KY is awfully bball obsessed. That topic has been debated on these boards before too.

Old 01-14-2008, 04:46 PM

I know....the last time the stats were going to be fixed. I would report and figure out how to change them.
BBall is big time in Kentucky and it certainly deserves it...You just gotta have the corporate dough to bring in a team. Movers and Shakers!

Old 01-14-2008, 04:46 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,917,160 times
Louisville is a fine city with a beautiful downtown and surrounding area. I think the metro area of Louisville is about the same size as OkC. Kentucky really is a beautiful state and if I were to move there Louisville would be my choice.

Old 01-14-2008, 04:56 PM

Here is a pic of the Capital building in OKC and an oil well on the Capital grounds.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:02 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,917,160 times
Some more OkC pics.

Top of the First National Center

The Heirding Bldg (Flat Iron Construction)

Skirvin Hotel. Marvelous, a masterpiece of architecture. I've never seen it from this angle.

View of downtown from Bricktown.

Saturday in the park.. I think it was the fourth of July. People dancing, people laughing, a man playing guitar, singing Italian songs...

Old 01-14-2008, 06:36 PM

Nice pics Synopsis...I really liked the top of the First National. Flat iron district will have a lot of potential for some cool new designs to compliment the Heirding Bldg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City