Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2008, 04:57 AM

13 posts, read 39,208 times

Advertisements

HI, I love these pics The one with snow and the ice skating has made my sons day. These pics just make me want to get there even faster hurry up June I can hardly wait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 03:30 AM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,936,086 times
Default memories

Ah OKC. Seeing these pictures brings back good memories. My Dad grew up in OKC and Tulsa (first okc, then moved to tulsa as a young kid, then back to OKC as a teenager) and i had a lot of family in OKC and family friends. I remember going to visit my grandparents and my moms best friend as a kid(my parents as well as my grandparents on my moms side who also were from OKC, moved to fayetteville arkansas where i grew up) I spent a lot of time in both OKC and Tulsa, and always absolutely loved the slow pace and comfortability. There is also this feeling you get in OKC, like you're back in time....it just feels so unique. Also the food! (johnnies anybody!! and of course brownies in tulsa!!) I can't wait until the next chance i get to go to OKC...living in seattle and being kinda hectic all the time with terrible traffic and some degree of crime, makes me miss my family and friends, as well as Oklahoma!!! Hello to everyone in OKC!

Old 01-24-2008, 09:59 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,584,913 times
Hello to you, A-Team. I visited Seattle a couple of time when our kids lived there. It is such a great city and so beautiful. The traffic was bad there, like most big cities. Hope you can visit soon!

Old 01-24-2008, 11:54 AM

20 posts, read 83,545 times
Feeling as if you've "gone back in time" is one of the things I dislike about OKC! Ugh, let's be a bit more progressive! So tired of slow people and rednecks. Sorry, but I am. Did I say that outloud?

Old 01-24-2008, 12:47 PM

1,355 posts, read 4,173,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcguy31 View Post
Feeling as if you've "gone back in time" is one of the things I dislike about OKC! Ugh, let's be a bit more progressive! So tired of slow people and rednecks. Sorry, but I am. Did I say that outloud?
I don't understand the "back in time feeling" myself. OKC is very progressive, the country isn't but OKC is, look at downtown!

Old 01-24-2008, 01:38 PM

20 posts, read 83,545 times
I agree, Nameless. I live downtown and it does feel like we are making some progress. I was thinking the other day that part of the problem with OKC is that you have this small urban core that turns "country" right outside of this core, way moreso than other cities this size.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:06 PM

120 posts, read 423,943 times
i've got a few here...mostly oklahoma all-over pics...

Welcome to Flickr - Photo Sharing (http://www.flickr.com - broken link) username ccdigital

Old 01-26-2008, 09:58 AM

Some nice pics there. I found this pool while looking there and thought I would post it. Thanks, n8tive okie.

Downtown & all around Oklahoma City (Pool) (http://www.flickr.com/groups/540667@N20/pool/ - broken link)

Old 01-26-2008, 11:05 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,804,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peggydavis View Post
Some nice pics there. I found this pool while looking there and thought I would post it. Thanks, n8tive okie.

Downtown & all around Oklahoma City (Pool) (http://www.flickr.com/groups/540667@N20/pool/ - broken link)
Here's a good pic of downtown from that website, although the one building in the foreground needs some serious re-finishing.

Old 01-26-2008, 11:18 AM

Ha, that's true. Looks like that part faces the alley so they don't worry about it! It's interesting to look at the back of that building and you can see how it was constructed. Is that a real brick building, as opposed to brick veneer, I'm wondering?

It could use a mural or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City