Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2012, 08:01 PM

51 posts, read 474,272 times

Advertisements

Hey, gorgeous pics!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2012, 09:14 PM

18 posts, read 65,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery'sMommy View Post
You'll have to excuse how random these are, haha! Just to give some people a taste of the West side of Okc.

From my neighborhood in SW Yukon.

Wildhorse Park in Mustang

Route 66 Park in Yukon

Express Personel Clydesdale Barn
Hey can you say or PM with the name of that neighborhood? My wife and kids and I are looking in the Yukon area and that looks perfect. I understand if you don't want to put it out there but I would appreciate it if you did, LOL. So far we have looked in Smoking Oaks and we are supposed to go look at a house on Folkstone but nothing I have seen so far has matched those pics you posted.

Thanks.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:00 PM

793 posts, read 1,111,769 times
I went up to Oklahoma City yesterday and took some pics, enjoy!

Oklahoma City National Memorial

Harvey Avenue

Devon Energy Center

McGee Avenue

Water feature at the Myriad Botanical Gardens

The Gardens

The Gardens and Crystal Bridge

Crystal Bridge

Colcord Hotel, Devon Tower, and Robinson Plaza

First National Center & Robinson Avenue

City Place & First National Center

Old Post Office & Courthouse

Skydance Bridge & the new skyline

Old 09-16-2012, 06:34 PM

197 posts, read 522,282 times
WOW That skydance bridge is awesome. I cant wait to get back down to Oklahoma.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:39 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,250,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happytown View Post
Ya...I think it would even make a European sick to their stomach. I was going to post others, but they are so hard to find. I found a pic that was sickening showing Browns department store with a bulldozer crushing it.
What happened to OKC in the early late 60s-early 70s was a famous architect named Pei designed a master plan for the whole city. He had a 'vision' that OKC could become something greater than before. OKC leaders basically gave him free reign to do anything. Well, when hard times/oil bust hit his future plans went down drain, leaving OKC with just the Myriad Gardens which was the former site of the Biltmore hotel. Here is an image of the building on a postcard before the huge structure was destroyed. It is one of the largest buildings in the world to be destroyed on purpose. Many beautiful buildings went down under his plan, Art Deco, Goth, old brick and whatever was in the way of the stupid plan.
I am just learning about the Pei Plan and it really makes me sick to my stomach. Just think what OKC would be today had it not have been for that disaster. I think we would have a very different city, one with character, and one people would WANT to move to. A lot of people inquire about why OKC is so inferior to its peer cities and why its national perception is so negative. People who don't know the history will blame religion, conservatism, etc but the true answer is this Pei Plan. All the "progress" this city has made through MAPS is simply regaining a shadow of what was lost and what the city would have already had.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:49 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,883,005 times
Here are a few of the photos I took on my trip to OKC. OKC is actually a very photogenic city!

Old 03-18-2013, 12:26 PM

778 posts, read 2,322,573 times
These look fantastic!!

Old 03-18-2013, 10:35 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,883,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1soonerfan View Post
These look fantastic!!
Thanks!

Old 03-19-2013, 04:56 PM

653 posts, read 1,786,286 times
Hey kcmo, those shots are exceptional! Infact I would try selling those to the tourism division for OKC or Oklahoma. What kind of gear do you use? Very well done!

Old 03-19-2013, 06:29 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,250,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyinyourradio View Post
Hey kcmo, those shots are exceptional! Infact I would try selling those to the tourism division for OKC or Oklahoma. What kind of gear do you use? Very well done!
Agreed. Those are some of the best OKC photos I've seen.

KCMO, any chance you could watermark them and post high-res versions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City