Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 03:50 PM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post

Sometimes it's just experience and the living of life that brings a more positive and grounded perspective.
It is always important to focus on the good rather than the bad. I can actually see why a young guy would have problems here compared to a more cosmopolitan area, but the resentment toward the people and the place is poisonous thinking because it can go with you. The higher your expectations are the easier it creeps into the picture.

However, when I was their age, I was always looking for a place where the beer was colder and the women were easier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 07:19 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,503,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
It is always important to focus on the good rather than the bad. I can actually see why a young guy would have problems here compared to a more cosmopolitan area, but the resentment toward the people and the place is poisonous thinking because it can go with you. The higher your expectations are the easier it creeps into the picture.

However, when I was their age, I was always looking for a place where the beer was colder and the women were easier.

Sounds like we ran in the same circles. I still marvel how I found a diamond like my wife as I had a pretty seedy/rough&tumble past.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:22 PM

Location: The edge of the world and all of Western civilization
984 posts, read 1,191,735 times
Quote:
Dvhxd,

Please tell us where you are escaping to. And why aren't you willing to save your parents from themselves by evacuating them from this hell hole?

And always remember this one thing.

Jesus is coming back. And boy is he PISSED!!!
And you really care... why? It's a city with more people than the entire state of Oklahoma, and with it comes plenty to do. A lot of these things you don't know why won't set up shop here are already in place there. I can tell you that before I moved here, my free time wasn't spent on this forum because I had plenty of options of where to spend it in town. I highly doubt I'd be on this site much once I'm gone, because my social life will likely improve drastically. What does that say about what you choose to do with your free time in the glory that is Oklahoma?

What my parents or anyone else who chooses to stay here to, and why they want to stay is their choice. Frankly, I really hope most of you stay because I think I've had enough Oklahoma for a lifetime... or seven. I also haven't accepted anything yet, and as I said I won't if it's not a step forward, though it increasingly seems that it will be.

Old 12-12-2014, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvxhd View Post
And you really care... why? It's a city with more people than the entire state of Oklahoma, and with it comes plenty to do. A lot of these things you don't know why won't set up shop here are already in place there. I can tell you that before I moved here, my free time wasn't spent on this forum because I had plenty of options of where to spend it in town. I highly doubt I'd be on this site much once I'm gone, because my social life will likely improve drastically. What does that say about what you choose to do with your free time in the glory that is Oklahoma?

What my parents or anyone else who chooses to stay here to, and why they want to stay is their choice. Frankly, I really hope most of you stay because I think I've had enough Oklahoma for a lifetime... or seven. I also haven't accepted anything yet, and as I said I won't if it's not a step forward, though it increasingly seems that it will be.
Well gosh, why such a secret? Technically there are only two cities in the US with more people than the state of Oklahoma. NYC and LA.

As far as how you spend your time and how we spend ours? We are all a lot older than you and that is why we are wondering why you are on this site with all us old people.

Old 12-12-2014, 05:50 AM

Location: The edge of the world and all of Western civilization
984 posts, read 1,191,735 times
Quote:
Well gosh, why such a secret? Technically there are only two cities in the US with more people than the state of Oklahoma. NYC and LA.

As far as how you spend your time and how we spend ours? We are all a lot older than you and that is why we are wondering why you are on this site with all us old people.
Two core cities, yes. Metro areas, there are 14. And I know firsthand why you need to be careful about what you reveal online. Some of you have been a little too lose with that information. And I don't know how I can make it any clearer: there's nothing to do in this state. Whatever this is to do isn't new or exciting to me, and it's often lacking in quality compared to what you can get elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Yeah, thats a bit far for acorns. When I lived in California we had oak trees all the way up and down both sides of the street, and old ones at that. LOTS of acorns. Problem was I discovered I'm really allergic to the pollen. And I know, its the waiting that can get to you. Hang in there.

I know what you mean about the quasi official 'status' of one religion with things like the ten commandments and the crosses and a few other things. One small school district had displays for the holiday up. One girl brought a tasteful display of Wicca and Yule. The school principal said she had complaints and found it 'disturbing' and removed the display. None of them should have been there in the first place, but leaving the christan related ones up was so wrong. If I had a kid in school I'd probably home school them here. I also know people who are devout types, but never push religion and give their time and money to charity because they believe its right without hawking religion. So its a mixed bag.

I have a shepard puppy who's about six months and hitting the doggie 'two year old' age and she insures you never have nothing to do. Also very smart, which makes life interesting. If I was intending decorations I would put them off until she grows up a bit.
Yeah, I developed allergies after moving here too. I've never had a problem with them before until coming to OKC. I may not have to wait much longer. I expect a decision today. I think that school story you mentioned is a major issue here. I saw on the news a school hung up a portrait of Jesus. And I think it's a huge double-standard when another religious group tries to display their religion and it's considered a travesty. The Satanic and Hindu monuments are prime examples. I hate that people consider it okay to show the 10 Commandments, but other religions aren't seen as equal here. Sorry this is a bit rushed because I have work soon, but there's a lot more I could say about "religious freedom" in Oklahoma.

Old 12-12-2014, 07:00 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,791,580 times
Quote:
I highly doubt I'd be on this site much once I'm gone, because my social life will likely improve drastically. What does that say about what you choose to do with your free time in the glory that is Oklahoma?

I concur. My social life would be so much better elsewhere. I think even Charlotte, NC offers more for roughly the same size city, not to mention 100x better weather. I'm not moving there, its just an example.

I'm stuck here for probably another year or so, although maybe a good opportunity will come before then. In the meantime, I'm trying to make the best of it. I have to accept that none of the women I meet here are what I'm looking for, so dating is on hold indefinitely. I have a handful of friends to do things with (half of them not from here, which made it easier to make friends with them) and that will have to be good enough until I can get out of here.

Old 12-12-2014, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Two core cities, yes. Metro areas, there are 14. And I know firsthand why you need to be careful about what you reveal online. Some of you have been a little too lose with that information.

Really? Some of US have been too loose with YOUR information????

I don't think you are quite THAT important to any of us. And not revealing where your going is kind of silly if you are going to a city, oh excuse me, a 'metro' of 4 million plus. But wherever it is, may there be no Christmas celebrations and may there be many quality things of what you like to do and see.

And when you get there, please find a girlfriend and a job for Atlantaguy so he can find happiness as well.

Old 12-12-2014, 09:21 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times
Default Alrighty I'm Much Too Loose With My Infomation Geezzzzzz

I'm a tad bit too loose with my personal info...because I used to thinks that only wimps were afraid to
post personal info on CD.

Experience has made me all the wiser there are some " educated " " sophisticated " " cultured "
" world traveled " " intelligent " " God Complex " " Ugly Ego " " Know It ALL " " Scum Bags "_____ in
the whole big wide world here on City Data Forum that ( Intelligent Enough ) to Hack You and
follow you around the WWW causing All Type of Havoc in your life if you are CLEVER in what you
have to say and it doesn't line up to what they have to ( Say ) promote .......

I wish that I could take down my picture and info but the barn door is already wide open and the live stock has fled already....

What gets these people is me having the audacity to be less intelligent than them without any degrees
yet still somehow have something HEAVY to say to the huddled masses here at the Center Of The
Universe CD.....

If You Hate Me Do Not Respond Because I Certainly Will Not Respond To You...just hate me for 60 Seconds yours time up!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb5moqslJM4

Everybody Is A STAR......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m29F4FtVo-U

Last edited by Howest2008; 12-12-2014 at 10:32 AM..

Old 12-12-2014, 09:37 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times
Default howest2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfNRFErJg8k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=M_mxZspZX90

Old 12-12-2014, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
I'm a tad bit too loose with my personal info...because I used to thinks that only wimps were afraid to
post personal info on CD.

Experience has made me all the wiser there are some " educated " " sophisticated " " cultured "
" world traveled " " intelligent " " God Complex " " Ugly Ego " " Know It ALL " " Scum Bags "_____ in
the whole big wide world here on City Data Forum that ( Intelligent Enough ) to Hack You and
follow you around the WWW causing All Type of Havoc in your life if you are CLEVER in what you
have to say and it doesn't line up to what they have to ( Say ) promote .......

I wish that I could take down my picture and info but the barn door is already wide open and the live stock has fled already....

What gets these people is me having the audacity to be less intelligent than them without any degrees
yet still somehow have something HEAVY to say to the huddled masses here at the Center Of The
Universe CD.....

If You Hate Me Do Not Respond Because I Certainly Will Not Respond To You...just hate me for 60 Seconds yours time up!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb5moqslJM4
Just stating 'I am interviewing for a job in New York City' isn't exactly like tossing out your social security number on line. But its not that important if he doesn't want to share.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City