Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 09:30 AM

184 posts, read 796,706 times

Advertisements

Do people in Oklahoma interact or talk to each other?

When i was growing up i remember all are nieghbors would talk to each other and would ask to borrow. But now as a homeowner and older i look around and nobody talks to there neighbors as if it was a law not to be able to interact with others.

California,
Lisa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 09:44 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,789,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmasters View Post
Do people in Oklahoma interact or talk to each other?

When i was growing up i remember all are nieghbors would talk to each other and would ask to borrow. But now as a homeowner and older i look around and nobody talks to there neighbors as if it was a law not to be able to interact with others.

California,
Lisa
I don't live in OK yet, but when we were there a few weeks ago to buy a house just about everyone we encountered talked to us. All the store clerks, waitresses, hotel staff, other people staying at the hotel, car rental agents, etc. were chatty as can be. Of course, DH and I are very chatty also, but we never felt rebuked by anyone.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
I don't live in OK yet, but when we were there a few weeks ago to buy a house just about everyone we encountered talked to us. All the store clerks, waitresses, hotel staff, other people staying at the hotel, car rental agents, etc. were chatty as can be. Of course, DH and I are very chatty also, but we never felt rebuked by anyone.
Hi Colleeng47,
thank you for the reply, you guys must be excited about your new home?
they are so beauiful there. We bought a house last june but we don't plan
to stay here any longer then we need to. We were renting for eight years
and the time seem right. Now we want to refiance and hopely look at something we can afford else where till we can sale here. I am hoping maybe
we can rent out a second place. Where did you guys buy at?
Regards,
Lisa

Old 02-04-2008, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmasters View Post
Hi Colleeng47,
thank you for the reply, you guys must be excited about your new home?
they are so beauiful there. We bought a house last june but we don't plan
to stay here any longer then we need to. We were renting for eight years
and the time seem right. Now we want to refiance and hopely look at something we can afford else where till we can sale here. I am hoping maybe
we can rent out a second place. Where did you guys buy at?
Regards,
Lisa
Hi Lisa, we bought a house in Mustang. We loved the town, and the house was not in an addition, which is what we preferred. We haven't sold our house here in NJ yet, either. If we don't sell it in about 6 months, we will probably rent it also. We live in a college town, so students will be looking for places to rent around July-August.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:01 PM

65 posts, read 222,958 times
I've lived in Oklahoma all my life, but I just recently moved to Mustang last year. When I was growing up I remember my parents talking to the neighbors all the time. Now, alot of it is talking about other neighbors. In a neighborhood, you'll probably find clicks just like in high school.

Now that I'm an adult and in Mustang, I talk with my neighbors all the time. We have football watch parties and cook outs.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:23 AM

52 posts, read 219,280 times
Small world I live in Mustang School District as well and have found the people to be very freindly...

Old 02-05-2008, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkGreen View Post
I've lived in Oklahoma all my life, but I just recently moved to Mustang last year. When I was growing up I remember my parents talking to the neighbors all the time. Now, alot of it is talking about other neighbors. In a neighborhood, you'll probably find clicks just like in high school.

Now that I'm an adult and in Mustang, I talk with my neighbors all the time. We have football watch parties and cook outs.
Let me know when the parties are!

Old 02-05-2008, 07:29 AM

9 posts, read 36,239 times
Im from Shawnee and i have lived here quite a long time and i have always remembered people talking to me. I guess we are just chatty cathy's

Old 02-05-2008, 08:56 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,620,122 times
It is pretty common here to strike up a conversation with anyone who is near you. Even the people who collect tolls on the turnpikes will have a short conversation with you. I have always chatted with my neighbors, lent them stuff and borrowed from them.

Old 02-05-2008, 09:19 AM

Well it's good to know the people are very happy in Oklahoma, the people in California have gotten so bad to be around anymore. I have always wonderer why people would want to move here. We moved here in 1965 from Ohio to Los Angeles County and it may of been ok at the time, but it's not the place to be now. We currently are in Sacramento County thinking it may be better but it's not any better here.
I do believe there is a lot of stress of both parents working and raising children and high cost housing and low pay employers that just can't fork out the money to keep up with all of that stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City