Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 04:04 PM

1,586 posts, read 6,756,597 times

Advertisements

I thought it was about time to start a thread on one of the biggest things to happen in Oklahoma history!! The possibility of having the NBA in OKC!

Local News | Bennett files to move Sonics to Oklahoma City | Seattle Times Newspaper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 04:54 PM

285 posts, read 1,067,838 times
I was just getting ready to post about that. I've never even been to OKC or Seattle, but that shocked me!

Sonics owner tells NBA he wants to move team - NBA - MSNBC.com

Old 11-02-2007, 08:08 PM

1,355 posts, read 4,184,660 times
You all need to go to ESPN.com and read their message boards. The people of Seattle absolutely disgust me. They will not give OKC the time of day and act as though the Sonics staying in Seattle is a done deal. While we all know it's the opposite.

Old 11-02-2007, 08:10 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,432,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
You all need to go to ESPN.com and read their message boards. The people of Seattle absolutely disgust me. They will not give OKC the time of day and act as though the Sonics staying in Seattle is a done deal. While we all know it's the opposite.
Oh, they're just sore losers. Pun intended.

Old 11-03-2007, 07:11 AM

35 posts, read 156,199 times
This is exciting! I saw it on the news yesterday!
Now, if we can only get a NFL team.....

Old 11-03-2007, 12:00 PM

689 posts, read 2,057,418 times
I moved to western Washington in 2005 after 60 years as an Okie. (I'm ready to move back.) All our local TV and radio comes out of Seattle, so it's all over the news. Neither of us is a fan of basketball at any level, so we don't really care where the team is, but it's fun hearing about it. (Mostly whining.) We had just moved out here before Hurricane Katrina and it was pretty cool reading the news when the Hornets moved to OKC.

When we went to a new dentist last year, his first comment on hearing where we were from, was, "You're trying to steal our Sonics." My husband has said these folks in Seattle may think they're dealing with a hick from a hick town in Oklahoma but they don't realize the power and money in his business and his family.

A quick note off-topic - I was wearing my OSU sweatshirt while shopping this week. A woman came up to me and told me proudly that her daughter will be playing softball at OSU next year. My bummer of the day - OSU-Texas is on TV today but we get Pac-10 teams instead.

Old 11-04-2007, 07:17 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindycat View Post
I moved to western Washington in 2005 after 60 years as an Okie. (I'm ready to move back.) All our local TV and radio comes out of Seattle, so it's all over the news. Neither of us is a fan of basketball at any level, so we don't really care where the team is, but it's fun hearing about it. (Mostly whining.) We had just moved out here before Hurricane Katrina and it was pretty cool reading the news when the Hornets moved to OKC.

When we went to a new dentist last year, his first comment on hearing where we were from, was, "You're trying to steal our Sonics." My husband has said these folks in Seattle may think they're dealing with a hick from a hick town in Oklahoma but they don't realize the power and money in his business and his family.

A quick note off-topic - I was wearing my OSU sweatshirt while shopping this week. A woman came up to me and told me proudly that her daughter will be playing softball at OSU next year. My bummer of the day - OSU-Texas is on TV today but we get Pac-10 teams instead.
And as usual, Ok State could get a hundred point lead on Texas and learn how to give that up. I swear, it's like a curse on OSU or something when it comes to Texas. I knew OSU was going to lose that game even when they were up 21 in the fourth quarter. Too bad, I was rooting for OSU.

That's great news about the Sonics and Ok City. I haven't read the article but will.

Old 11-04-2007, 09:07 AM

I cant believe "Ok State"...Which is exactly what I wil call them for now on! Forget the respect of the normal abbreviation of OSU. They have never even been an Ok team to begin with! LOL. Back to the Sonics....I hope Ok City drops the sonic name to kill the drama if they finally end up here.

Old 11-04-2007, 05:47 PM

689 posts, read 2,057,418 times
Hey, I've been an OSU fan since I was there over 40 years ago. Anybody can be a fan of a consistent winner like OU. It takes real character to stay with my Cowboys. Now don't go beatin' on me. I really love 'em.

As for a name for the Sonics. To listen to the people out here, they'd like to call 'em the OKC Robbers, Rustlers, Highjackers, etc.

Old 11-05-2007, 09:22 AM

Stoops Troops
Fighting Manginos
Gundys Lil Boys....

Just kidding about Gundys boys....It was a terrible upset with Texas. Luck I tell ya! The Pokes play for OU every year and typically mess up some games prior to bedlam because of bad coaching or something. This year they have been doing really well (minus Troy) but they just havent been able to pull out some games they should have won. OSU has great basketball, wrestling, baseball and golf. OSU is also one of the top Us to have the most NCAA Titles.

Sonics...The people of Seattle are given a deadline to design/make an appropriate arena by OKC leaders who are the owners and Stern/NBA agree. Seattle cant find the money...Stern bashes Seattle...Seattle bashes OKC....Seattle bashes Seattle leaders...Seattle bashes OKC leaders...Seattle bashes the NBA. Oh ya...OKC also got bashed hard by New Orleans for helping the Hornets. Pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City