Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 12:24 AM

1 posts, read 2,327 times

Advertisements

I use to live in Midwest City,Ok back in the 90's was thinking about moving back.
I was told not to because of all the crime and that it was not a safe place to live
is this true??? Back in the 90's it was great nice place to have your family.
so what happened to the place can anyone answer some of these questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2018, 06:22 AM

140 posts, read 143,154 times
We are moving to OKC for the first time and we've been told to avoid Midwest City as well.

Old 02-20-2018, 01:24 AM

171 posts, read 190,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eydie View Post
I use to live in Midwest City,Ok back in the 90's was thinking about moving back.
I was told not to because of all the crime and that it was not a safe place to live
is this true??? Back in the 90's it was great nice place to have your family.
so what happened to the place can anyone answer some of these questions.
LOL Daytona beach to Midwest City ??? Have you hit your head ?? Most of OKC and suburbs are FULL of crime !!!

Look at OKC metro FBI crime statistics per capita and it's pretty shocking !!!

My advice is to stay in FL

Old 02-20-2018, 10:50 AM

793 posts, read 1,110,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagodude84 View Post
LOL Daytona beach to Midwest City ??? Have you hit your head ?? Most of OKC and suburbs are FULL of crime !!!

Look at OKC metro FBI crime statistics per capita and it's pretty shocking !!!

My advice is to stay in FL
False. Daytona Beach has a higher crime index than any city in the OKC metro, and over twice that of Midwest City.

2016 City-Data Crime Index (Numbers calculated from FBI stats)
Daytona Beach: 617.9
Del City: 460.3
OKC: 435.8
Warr Acres: 325.5
Bethany: 281.1
U.S average: 280.5
Midwest City: 272.6
Norman: 253.4
Moore: 174.4
The Village: 169.1
Yukon: 141.0
Forest Park: 132.2
Edmond: 120.3
Choctaw: 94.8
Nichols Hills: 89.0
Mustang: 80.1

Old 02-20-2018, 02:45 PM

171 posts, read 190,082 times
Nice try KayneNO lol

Did you factor in the margin of error for the spring break crowd that bring in THOUSANDS of young people

Just face it OKC/OK is a DUMP !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayneMo View Post
False. Daytona Beach has a higher crime index than any city in the OKC metro, and over twice that of Midwest City.

2016 City-Data Crime Index (Numbers calculated from FBI stats)
Daytona Beach: 617.9
Del City: 460.3
OKC: 435.8
Warr Acres: 325.5
Bethany: 281.1
U.S average: 280.5
Midwest City: 272.6
Norman: 253.4
Moore: 174.4
The Village: 169.1
Yukon: 141.0
Forest Park: 132.2
Edmond: 120.3
Choctaw: 94.8
Nichols Hills: 89.0
Mustang: 80.1

Old 02-20-2018, 03:37 PM

793 posts, read 1,110,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagodude84 View Post
Nice try KayneNO lol

Did you factor in the margin of error for the spring break crowd that bring in THOUSANDS of young people

Just face it OKC/OK is a DUMP !!!!
I don't see why it should be factored out? It would be illogical because Spring Break, and tourism in general, is part of what makes Daytona Beach. Stop being a troll because these numbers go against your narrative.

Old 02-20-2018, 04:18 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,803,645 times
Midwest City was marginal in the '90s. I would avoid it these days. Edmond, Norman, and Yukon seem to be the popular suburbs today.

In reality though, I agree with chicagodude84 that it's best to avoid OKC at all costs unless you have to live here or have family here that you want to live near. There are so many other cities that are good for raising a family and offer a low cost of living that offer a much better quality of life than this area does.

Old 02-22-2018, 12:17 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Midwest City was marginal in the '90s. I would avoid it these days. Edmond, Norman, and Yukon seem to be the popular suburbs today.

In reality though, I agree with chicagodude84 that it's best to avoid OKC at all costs unless you have to live here or have family here that you want to live near. There are so many other cities that are good for raising a family and offer a low cost of living that offer a much better quality of life than this area does.
One sure doesn't want to move to the OKC area for the weather, unless to be a student in meteorology at OU. The icy weather for the last few days has been awful.

Nevertheless, Oklahoma City metro is still adding on population, so some people still gotta move there. I hope they have been forewarned ahead of time to not even remotely think of moving to Oklahoma, if they're poor. If you're poor, the Republicans at the State Capitol will treat you like dead weight to put it lightly.

Old 02-22-2018, 01:53 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,803,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
One sure doesn't want to move to the OKC area for the weather, unless to be a student in meteorology at OU. The icy weather for the last few days has been awful.

Nevertheless, Oklahoma City metro is still adding on population, so some people still gotta move there. I hope they have been forewarned ahead of time to not even remotely think of moving to Oklahoma, if they're poor. If you're poor, the Republicans at the State Capitol will treat you like dead weight to put it lightly.

Old 02-22-2018, 08:09 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
I think the reason why Oklahoma goes on as it does is because the majority of voting citizens feel they're doing ok. They haven't been feeling any bad effects from the decisions or lack of them made at the State Capitol. So on election day, why rock the boat by not voting for the incumbent legislators? Another sign is often legislators don't even get opposition for reelection. So I bet they end up thinking that they must have been doing a pretty damn good job of governing Oklahoma, after all. However, if I'm wrong many Republican legislators won't be reelected in November, and Oklahoma will have a Democrat, instead of a Republican for governor.

So out of tribute of so many people doing ok in Oklahoma, let's bring back the OKLAHOMA IS OK license plate. An example is pictured below. When driving outside the state, the tag could assure people that OKLAHOMA IS OK, despite the bad and weird news stories. Yes, I know the tag colors are OSU school colors. But a tag can be done the next year for the OU colors. It was done that way in the past. The current license plate isn't ok. It's not as easy to read.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City