Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 10:36 AM

641 posts, read 1,072,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagodude84 View Post
Because your state is a FLY OVER DUMP !!!!, Perfect place to do some nuclear testing or waste dumping like they do in Nevada

Typical ignorant OKIES, LOVEEEEEE talking trash about big liberal (Better/Nicer) cities, But when people talk trash about Oklahoma then, OH NO it's "FIGHTIN WORDS" them guns come out and the wife beaters come off "Hey Baby, hold my crack pipe"

Another funny story is when my co-workers here in Chicago ask "How was it living in Oklahoma" and I tell them to go watch an old episode of COPS or LIVE: PD that was filmed in some redneck southern town and you'll get an idea of it

Just wondering, Is there still a almost "Daily" story about a rapist or child molester on TV ???. Seems like EVERY day on the OKC news, Some pervert was caught with a minor or some POS had killed a Infant/Child ???

Hey, Are your teachers still striking ??? Or have they been "poached" to a better state and income ??

Is GOV Fallin still getting all those BOTOX injections and plastic surgery while the state falls apart do to lack of oil$$ ??

In the words of KFOR: "Is this a Great Or What" LMFAO !!!!!
You are a very emotional, probably unstable person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2018, 11:02 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,809,065 times
You can't compare Chicago, one of the largest cities in the US, with a small conservative Southern town like Oklahoma City. People who like one will probably hate the other and vice versa.

Old 04-21-2018, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
You can't compare Chicago, one of the largest cities in the US, with a small conservative Southern town like Oklahoma City. People who like one will probably hate the other and vice versa.
I understand your point, but OKC is hardly a "small southern town", it's over a million people, hundreds of square miles, has sky scrapers, oil company HQs, successful NBA team, etc.

Old 04-21-2018, 03:32 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,503,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teakboat View Post
I understand your point, but OKC is hardly a "small southern town", it's over a million people, hundreds of square miles, has sky scrapers, oil company HQs, successful NBA team, etc.
Right.

OK City is not small. It is "sprawly" but small is not accurate.

C'mon Bawac.

Old 04-22-2018, 09:04 AM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Quote:
It's funny. When I was in high school the people who moved in next door were from the Chicago area (Wheaton). They were Chicago people for generations (Polish). They sure were different. But they came to OKC with some other people from a company that had moved them here. They did fine here. Very little complaining. They just assimilated and are still in this part of the country. Tulsa/Dallas. The kids my age blossomed here and have been very successful. Grew up. Went to OU. Got good jobs. Raised their own families. Loved Oklahoma and the opportunities it provided them.

Old 04-24-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
It's funny. When I was in high school the people who moved in next door were from the Chicago area (Wheaton). They were Chicago people for generations (Polish). They sure were different. But they came to OKC with some other people from a company that had moved them here. They did fine here. Very little complaining. They just assimilated and are still in this part of the country. Tulsa/Dallas. The kids my age blossomed here and have been very successful. Grew up. Went to OU. Got good jobs. Raised their own families. Loved Oklahoma and the opportunities it provided them.
Good for them.

I've been here for six years and have given it every chance I know how to give it and it just isn't a good fit. The far-right politics, religious authoritarianism, and backwards culture is so exhausting. Plus, I'm still kind of in a pity party about having to move back here in the first place, something I didn't want to do. Couple that with the awful weather and the lack of scenery (at least in the central part of the state) and I can find very little to like about it, period. There are very few places in this country I would less like to be at this point in my life than Oklahoma City.

I'm stuck here for two more years because of an unfathomably stupid financial decision I made in 2014 but after that, I'm out.

Old 04-24-2018, 05:15 PM

24,525 posts, read 10,846,327 times
Quote:
Good for them.

I've been here for six years and have given it every chance I know how to give it and it just isn't a good fit. The far-right politics, religious authoritarianism, and backwards culture is so exhausting. Plus, I'm still kind of in a pity party about having to move back here in the first place, something I didn't want to do. Couple that with the awful weather and the lack of scenery (at least in the central part of the state) and I can find very little to like about it, period. There are very few places in this country I would less like to be at this point in my life than Oklahoma City.

I'm stuck here for two more years because of an unfathomably stupid financial decision I made in 2014 but after that, I'm out.
And how many suggestion on how to get out have you gotten all over? The family forced you to leave CA and the car dealer held a gun to your head. What happened to I love my job and my manager is great? Nobody is going to knock on your door with a new job, relocation and car keys. It is called initiative. All I have seen from you on CD is complaining about OK not suiting you, not being able to live the lifestyle you envision.

Old 04-24-2018, 08:06 PM

Chicago big net population LOSER
Chicago area leads U.S. in population loss, sees drop for 2nd year in a row - Chicago Tribune

OKC just keeps growing
http://kfor.com/2017/08/25/the-25-me...st-job-growth/

You see, liberal parasites always destroy great cities as soon as they flood into into them. Chicago is the next Detroit, with a declining tax base... those who remain will be taxed at ever higher levels. It is called the tax death spiral. Chicago (and Illinois, for that matter) have bankrupt pension systems on the verge of blowing up. At some point the city streetlights will be dark, utilities cut off, and once great neighborhoods will be dangerous slums. Have fun in your idiocracy paradise, with its child-mind politicians.

Last edited by teakboat; 04-24-2018 at 08:24 PM..

Old 04-24-2018, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teakboat View Post
Chicago big net population LOSER
Chicago area leads U.S. in population loss, sees drop for 2nd year in a row - Chicago Tribune

OKC just keeps growing
Oklahoma City among 25 metro areas with the fastest job growth | KFOR.com

You see, liberal parasites always destroy great cities as soon as they flood into into them. Chicago is the next Detroit, with a declining tax base... those who remain will be taxed at ever higher levels. It is called the tax death spiral. Chicago (and Illinois, for that matter) have bankrupt pension systems on the verge of blowing up. At some point the city streetlights will be dark, utilities cut off, and once great neighborhoods will be dangerous slums (that's already happened. Have fun in your idiocracy paradise, with its child-mind politicians.
There is one problem with this. Oklahoma City and Tulsa are the only truly conservative cities in the country. The big cities people are flocking to are all in blue states or are blue cities in red states ala Austin.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:16 AM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Quote:
Good for them.

The thing about your situation is that I won't argue that the things you say aren't true to some degree. But there are like minded people here. You just don't choose to participate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City