Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2014, 10:35 PM

1 posts, read 973 times

Advertisements

I moved in my home 2009, Brick wall surrounds the neighborhood, verbally told by seller I would never that I have to pay for the wall. Got Hoa book, saw damage to 32 ft section of wing wall in my backyard, called Hoa, April 2012, advised that they did not know nothing was in the covenants regarding the wall. Property survey done in 2012, paid for by HOA, determined wall was located on my property and theirs Joint ownership. Letter too all 62 homeowners in Jan 2013 indicating all walls responsible by individual homeowners except mine, which was owned by both me and HOA. Joint ownership.
July 2014 wall fell advise HOA, Hoa held meeting and now indicate since covenants does not mention the wall, and it is my responsibility for repairs. Demo and replacement . How can this Be? Since I have the documentation? I called my insurer who notifed me they will not pay failure of wall, determined to be
due to structual damage. Now what ? small claims? I am getting bids but 32feet x 6 feet demo and repair of brick will be probably $9000. for brick rebuild. What the hell now.
The further damage and failure I believe was caused by them doing nothing, knowing there was damagend , even though I was asking for 2.5 years and gave the complete run around until today.
I am on the board, I wasn't invited to the meeting, and I have never resigned nor did I get notice of
being removed. Please help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2014, 05:39 AM

5,046 posts, read 9,627,552 times
Reminds me of our last one where a couple of times a discussion and vote came up on the board. I was at the meetings when a couple of board members said they didn't know about that discussion and vote, when did it take place and why weren't they told. The president actually said, we didn't tell you because you wouldn't have voted our way.

When you say you weren't invited to "the meeting"....which meeting.

Word of caution. Be careful with this slimey bunch. One could say you pushed him and the others would back the guy or at least say they didn't see anything. I have known this to happen more than once. It may also be the others on the board are getting something out of their mutually odd group ... some actual things or ego and the others benefit from their strong need to follow allow.

I have been part of many HOAs over the years but it just takes one bad one to provide stories for years.

Old 08-30-2014, 04:26 PM

1 posts, read 869 times
You would be more likely to receive a helpful answer on www.hoatalk.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City