Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 04:36 PM

144 posts, read 484,748 times

Advertisements

Your best bet is on the west side of Yukon. There are nice houses on 5 acre lots. If you have kids you want them in the Mustang or Yukon school districts. El Reno is known as El Ghetto if that tells you anything. The other suburbs are nice but not realistic in your geographic specifications.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 10:44 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,789,862 times
My daughter is in the Mustang school district, and it seems fine to us.

Old 12-06-2008, 07:42 AM

1,763 posts, read 5,998,033 times
Haven't seen many suggestions for areas NE of the city, but once you get out towards 50th & Coltrane/Sooner, there's lots of property, slightly hilly & wooded, and with good proximity to downtown.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:18 AM

144 posts, read 484,748 times
That area is too far to commute to Weatherford. That area is nice just too far to commute!

Old 12-11-2008, 10:58 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,140,200 times
I enjoyed my time in OKC. Especially, Edsels the bar and the Waffle House down the block. I do not think I'd want to live there but I do want to visit again. OKC is also the home of Wayne Coyne.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:40 PM

5 posts, read 12,419 times
Yeah for Wayne Coyne!! Didn't they get a street named after the band???

Old 12-20-2008, 03:55 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,012,634 times
Hey ya'll! My wife 2 young ones and I are also considering moving to OKC. I run my own business where I travel with a Disaster Relief crew so location in the US isn't a factor because we are on the road all the time anyway, but we have narrowed our search between OKC, and Albuquerque. We are looking to spend around $250k for a home. We need 4 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms at least, square footage between 2300 and 3500. Not looking for a subdivision full of modern same 4 model homes, but something built in the 70's or earlier, and we need between 3 and 10 acres because I have to build a large barn or have an existing one for large trailers, and heavy equipment. Not looking for a tacky unrestricted area, but don't need an HOA telling me I can't have ATV's, small pond etc.... Commute to downtown isn't super important but some local amenities, and no more than a 20 or 30 min. drive is. Only other thing that would be a major plus is if there are any areas in around OKC that have some hills, not too fond of the flatland. We currently live in the San Antonio Metro north of town in a town named Boerne, something like this if you know anything about SA. Any suggestions?

Last edited by TX_AGGIE13; 12-20-2008 at 04:24 PM..

Old 12-20-2008, 04:05 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_AGGIE13 View Post
Hey ya'll! My wife 2 young ones and I are also considering moving to OKC. I run my own business where I travel with a Disaster Relief crew so location in the US isn't a factor because we are on the road all the time anyway, but we have narrowed our search between OKC, and Albuquerque. We are looking to spend around $250k for a home. We need 4 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms at least, square footage between 2300 and 3500. Not looking for a subdivision full of modern same 4 model homes, but something built in the 70's or earlier, and we need between 3 and 10 acres because I have to build a large barn or have an existing one for large trailers, and heavy equipment. Not looking for a tacky unrestricted area, but don't need an HOA telling me I can't have ATV's, small pond etc.... Commute to downtown isn't super important but some local amenities, and no more than a 20 or 30 min. drive is. We currently live in the San Antonio Metro north of town in a town named Boerne, something like this if you know anything about SA. Any suggestions?
Gig 'em! I like Texas A&M folks; good people.

I don't live in Oklahoma City, but I hope that our friends in OkC treat you to a nice list of places to move.

Good luck on the move Aggie, wherever you end up!

Old 12-20-2008, 04:18 PM

97 posts, read 368,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMolly7 View Post
Yeah for Wayne Coyne!! Didn't they get a street named after the band???
Flaming Lips Alley runs through the middle of Bricktown.

Old 12-20-2008, 04:22 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,012,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Gig 'em! I like Texas A&M folks; good people.

I don't live in Oklahoma City, but I hope that our friends in OkC treat you to a nice list of places to move.

Good luck on the move Aggie, wherever you end up!
Thank you very much!! I've had a many of good times in the past with Sooners on Northgate in College Station, and tailgating. My family is actually McCasland's whose name hovers over some of OU's athletic complexes. Btw...I actually graduated from UF with my Master's, but I hope you guys kick their tails!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City