Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 06:24 AM

1,586 posts, read 6,756,943 times

Advertisements

Local rap group in OKC. Funny that it shows pics of 23rd street and the capital. I think there is an actual studio just east of Classen on 23rd. The area is extremely diverse.

YouTube - CHOP CHOP - Red Durt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 10:00 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,575,030 times
Default I'm A Minister I Just Listen To Christian Holy Hip Hop

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytown View Post
Local rap group in OKC. Funny that it shows pics of 23rd street and the capital. I think there is an actual studio just east of Classen on 23rd. The area is extremely diverse.

There are a whole lot of break out Holy Hip Hop Artists in Tulsa and OKC I don't have enough time to list them and give Links at this time....(but any who).....Secular RAP is too..too Negative For Me...In A NutShell It's All About killing a fellow African-Amerrican..Having Sex With His GIRL....Or Ripping Someone Off...To Be Continued...Howest2008

Old 06-20-2008, 02:07 AM

Default There's A White Gospel Rapper In OKC Sir Grogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytown View Post

There's a white rapper in OKC named Sir Grogan that's pretty talented
CD Baby: SIR GROGAN: Off The Hook

But the (2) two most talented professional grade rappers are Mobsters Of Light from OKC and DRE Murray.....from my home town T.O. Southwest Tulsa Oklahoma , they are destined for discovery and can make the so called "Big Time".....they both are African - American.

OKC...Mobsters Of Light
CD Baby: MOBSTERS OF LIGHT: Church Shaka

T.O. Southwest..Tulsa Okla ..Dre Murray
CD Baby: DRE MURRAY: Manumit

MySpace.com - Dre Murray - Tulsa via Houston,TX, US - Hip Hop - www.myspace.com/dremurray

Muskogee Oklahoma Lonnie Barkers
CD Baby: L. BOOGIE: Pillow Talk

MySpace.com - L. BOOGIE - Muskogee, Oklahoma - Hip Hop / Soul / Other - www.myspace.com/soundsoflboogie

A Really Heavy Holy Hip Hop Artist I Don't Know Where In Oklahoma He's From "Promise Dixon"

Google Promise Dixon And Look Under His Musical Web Sites

CD Baby: let's find you some great new music...

Last edited by Howest2008; 06-20-2008 at 02:32 AM..

Old 06-22-2008, 08:31 AM

Default This Is My Swan Song On The Oklahoma Rap Thread

You can go to the previous posts for complete information on all of the other Holy Hip Hop Artists In Oklahoma However This Post Is About Promise Dixon promise Dixon is from T.O. Southwest (Tulsa Oklahoma) (I just found that out yesterday) and was a member of the Grapes Crips Street Gang until he gave his life to Christ and was saved. Promise Dixon is a graduate of Rhema Bible College Broken Arrow Oklahoma a Satellite City Of Tulsa Oklahoma and a Gospel Minister who's deliver really hard edged messages Such As/Abortion/Violences/Illicit Sexual Activity/Etc. Etc. etc. I think that Promise Dixon is probably the second best rapper in the State Of Oklahoma IMHO and I enclued the secular rappers in this evaluation too Promise Dixon is right behind Dre Murray IMHO who is also from Tulsa Oklahoma. Check Out PROMISE DIXON Myspace Web Site.Howest2008

MySpace.com - Promise Dixon - Oklahoma - Hip Hop / Rap / Christian - www.myspace.com/promisedixon

Old 06-22-2008, 01:08 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,977,654 times
Howest, thanks for your input on here. When it comes to rap, all I know is what reverberates across the street when I am at a stop sign.

I take that back. I thought Cowboy Troy's "I play Chicken with a Train" was fun.

One of the nice things about this forum, and the community in general, is that the diversity we experience is pretty broad, and the tolerance shown by Okies is exceptional.

Again, thanks

Old 08-02-2008, 09:36 PM

13 posts, read 46,616 times
i was just wondering,what do ya'll think of that video by chop chop?
I like southern rap, and I think this song might put us (Oklahoma) on the map when it comes to rap in the South. There are so many Texas and Louisiana rappers getting recognition, and hardly any from Oklahoma and Arkansas. Hopefully they can get this video to MTV or BET, but will they air it? Let me know what you think.

Old 08-03-2008, 08:05 PM

266 posts, read 971,695 times
I can't stand rap so I wouldn't like it. Just throwing my opinion out there.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:59 AM

27,337 posts, read 27,389,029 times
Sadly enough, rap and hip-hop seem to be in more areas than they are welcomed. Some successful, some not. Leave our small country towns alone!

Old 08-26-2008, 02:46 PM

Default Rap nd The Hip Hop Culture Is Not Coming Out Of Small Country Towns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Sadly enough, rap and hip-hop seem to be in more areas than they are welcomed. Some successful, some not. Leave our small country towns alone!
Your wish is granted Rap And Hip Hop Certainly Will Never Come Out Of Small Country Towns.....That's the reason why you don't have any National Level Rap Artists From OKC or Tulsa Or Little Rock Arkansas They
precieve Those Cities As Being Countrified Cities And Don't Support The Artists From Those Cities...Louisana Has "New Orleans" which has more of a Big Urban City Attitude Than The Three Oklahoma arkansas Cities Before Mentioned...And Of Course Texas...Has Houston Eventually To Be America Three Largest Cty and Dallas..Fort Worth..Austin...San Antonio

Old 08-26-2008, 03:09 PM

Default If Major Hip Hop Culture Rap Can Come Out Of Shreveport

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismc888 View Post
i was just wondering,what do ya'll think of that video by chop chop?
I like southern rap, and I think this song might put us (Oklahoma) on the map when it comes to rap in the South. There are so many Texas and Louisiana rappers getting recognition, and hardly any from Oklahoma and Arkansas. Hopefully they can get this video to MTV or BET, but will they air it? Let me know what you think.
If major Hip Hop And Rap Acts can come out of Shreveport and Baton Rogue Louisana They Should Be Able To Come Out Of OKC and Tulsa Especially Out Of OKC......And about Texas The Only City In Texas Productig A Lot Of Rap Talent Is Houston Tx....Dallas...Fort Worth...San Antonio..Austin Isn't Doing Too Good Either...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City