Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2008, 10:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,548 times

Advertisements

I leased some mineral rights left to me originally from my grandmother in Atoka. It is about 71 acres of area in sec18 t2s r11e and i have not heard from anyone since i leased almost three and half years ago. I have tried contacting the land man i leased with originally and apparently i was told it had been sold to other investors multiple times. When i researched the area i found out there was four wells and seemed to all be producing on that section. Does anyone have info on how to follow up with collecting my royalties and who to contact on future help, ie gas and oil attorney and who holds my money now? I have tried handling it myself and that seems to not have been the best move. I will take any advice anyone would like to share, Thanks Robert-scotsman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 07:43 AM

11 posts, read 35,223 times
Though it's going to cost you some bucks, I'd recommend hiring an attorney to follow up for you. You can spend your time checking county and city records for the company name and license, but when you find them, they may not be very responsive. Also, once you've found out who they are, researching the company annual reports to the state shouldn't be too hard. That way, you'll have some clue of how much oil and gas they've actually pumped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City