Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2015, 09:45 AM

689 posts, read 2,058,152 times

Advertisements

In the news last night and this morning...Trader Joe's will go in where the wonderful old Crescent Market was in Nichols Hills Plaza. Nichols Hills getting first Trader Joe's in Oklahoma | Oklahoma City - OKC - KOCO.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 09:32 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,689,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindycat View Post
In the news last night and this morning...Trader Joe's will go in where the wonderful old Crescent Market was in Nichols Hills Plaza. Nichols Hills getting first Trader Joe's in Oklahoma | Oklahoma City - OKC - KOCO.com

If that isn't wonderful!! Another grocery store for rich people. That's who lives in Nichols Hills, rich people.

Old 02-09-2015, 07:16 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,442,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXODT View Post
I agree OKC doesn't have the worst but not the best grocery stores either. Homeland a little pricey. I am all about good produce for low prices. Cao Nguyen is high priced and dirty but I go there for some variety. The nicest one is probably the new Crest on SW 104. Buy for less on southside 29th st is 100% authentic with the pigeons out front exactly like the old farmers market in Ciudad Juarez. Love that they sell boots inside the grocery store. There was an international market in Memphis that had the whole pigs in the deep freezer and sold car kits in the front if you wanted ground effects on your car. Florida, VA, and TX seemed to have some nicer stores like Winn Dixie and Giant, and also some nasty ones like Food Lion that are small and convenient. The best grocery store is in DFW area is Super H mart in my opinion. Good vegetables, live lobster $8 per pound.
It's a discussion about grocery stores in OKC. What's the point of recommending or mentioning stores in Memphis, Florida, VA and DFW in Texas? How many shoppers will make the trip out of state to buy groceries?

Old 02-09-2015, 02:51 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindycat View Post
O.K.(C) Tulsa beat ya , now take that and crow about it..!!!

I'm happy for OKC that gives me another reason to make a trip there.

Trader Joe's ANNOUNCEMENT PAGE Haven't Made An Official ANNOUNCEMENT As Of Yet But I Believe It.
http://www.traderjoes.com/announcements

Last edited by Howest2008; 02-09-2015 at 03:03 PM..

Old 03-12-2015, 09:04 PM

35 posts, read 127,798 times
This is right around the corner from Whole Foods. That wouldn't be smart. They should open in another area.

Old 03-15-2015, 07:48 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,689,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyspirit View Post
This is right around the corner from Whole Foods. That wouldn't be smart. They should open in another area.
They are opening down the street from Whole Foods because that's where the rich people live. Most poor folks can't afford to shop in either Whole Foods or Trader Joe's. That's why they are building the Trader Joe's in Nichols Hills. Those people can afford to pay more.

Old 03-15-2015, 08:40 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Trader Joe's isn't an expensive grocery store. It costs more than Wal-Mart but it isn't high end. Many of the products you get at Trader Joe's are unique though and can't be bought at Wal-Mart.

Old 05-17-2015, 08:27 PM

8 posts, read 10,099 times
Default Should we patronize small businesses

It is hard for mom and pop stores to compete on price and selection. But they can offer personaized service and thereby compete with the giant conglomerates.

Old 05-17-2015, 08:30 PM

8 posts, read 10,099 times
Default Walmart isn't a monster

Walmart has expanded into food and this is their right. Small fruit and veggie stores can offer products that are more fresh and because they buy in smaller quantities the food may be in better condition. Walmarts fruit is often discounted a sparse day before it would go bad.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:39 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,254,808 times
Trader Joe's is not an expensive grocery store - on the contrary, they bill themselves as more "affordable" and bank on the novelty and uniqueness of their stores and products. IMO, the store is good for snacks, pre-pacakged foods, and frozen foods. Their produce and meat selection are just OK to even slightly below average though.

I assume the $3-buck Chuck won't be part of the store, though.

I don't see the issue with the location, especially as an introduction into the Oklahoma market. I see expansion into Tulsa and Norman if this takes off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City