Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 03:28 PM

47 posts, read 223,940 times

Advertisements

Relocating to OKC soon and want to know the nicest, most fun areas to live that have great schools. I'm 34 and I plan to rent a nice house (I have two small children and two dogs). I want to be close to the city or in a golf community. I do not want to be out in the middle of nowhere.

Recommendations on where I should narrow my search to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 10:37 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,763,230 times
I understand Edmond is a good place for golf, good schools and a great place for kids. I'm in Mustang, which we love, and we do have a golf course, good schools and friendly faces. Welcome to the forum. Both places are NOT in the middle of nowhere, and pretty accessible to the city.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:00 AM

2 posts, read 7,394 times
There are also public golf courses in Midwest City and in south OKC. If you just look at the numbers it appears Moore has the best schools. My kids go to Western Heights District, and I totally love it. It is large enough so the school has lots of activities, but it is small enough for the teachers to REALLY know the students.

We used to live in the Putnam City District. It was totally awful!!! My kids attended 7 different schools within the district and all were equally awful!!!! The district used to be really good, but have REALLY gone down hill fast!!!

I have heard good things about Mustang. It just doesn't suite my taste. It is very white. Plus I remember about 20 years ago they were having serious issues with lack of money and violent students. I went to school in a tiny school district just west of Mustang, called Union City. Mustang would send their bad students to Union City.

Old 10-29-2008, 09:58 AM

47 posts, read 223,940 times
I've seen Moore - that is NOT where I want to live.

Old 11-04-2010, 12:28 PM

7 posts, read 74,999 times
Where did you end up living? I am looking into moving to OKC area (leaning towards Edmond), but have no idea which neighborhoods are nice in Edmond, which ones to avoid, etc. Also, I'm curious who you rented from (which realty agency)? I would love to rent a 2-3 bedroom home in a quiet, nice neighborhood in Edmond. Any pointers would help!

Also, if you have an scoop on good apartment complexes (or which to avoid), please let me know!

Thank you!!

Old 11-05-2010, 06:38 AM

533 posts, read 1,704,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasafras View Post
I've seen Moore - that is NOT where I want to live.
Why?

Old 11-05-2010, 09:43 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,490,048 times
I guess living a close drive to the finest movie theater complex in Oklahoma, the Warren, doesn't appeal to some people.

Old 11-06-2010, 07:43 PM

2 posts, read 6,337 times
We just moved to Edmond, around 150th and Santa Fe, and love it. We found a great 4/2 house to rent in a gated community that used to be on a golf course. There are quite a few rentals in the neighborhood, the HOA mows the lawns, it's quiet and pretty. Also, I hear Edmond has the best schools. Everything is accessible in Edmond as well. In fact, I saw a for lease sign on one down the street, the people were just moving out. Look on the internet for Traditions Drive...or if you want to PM me, I can get the phone number off the sign?? if you are interested...

Old 11-18-2010, 09:37 PM

46 posts, read 177,813 times
Here are a few golf course communities in the Edmond area

Coffee Creek (Public)
Rose Creek (Public)
Oak Tree (Private)
River Oaks (Private)
Cedar Valley (Public)
FairFax (Private)

Old 11-21-2010, 09:25 PM

34 posts, read 82,901 times
We are waiting to close on a house in Edmond. Ours is in the Homestead subdivision, near Santa Fe and Danforth. Neighborhood parks, jogging trails, and a neighborhood pool. Districted to great schools tons of shopping nearby, I could walk to some of it if I felt so inclined. I cannot wait to get the keys!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City